Tuesday, May 7, 2002

Thank God

I called Mike's hospital room a few hours ago, and talked to my mom. There's some really good news and pretty bad news.

The good news is that Mike's fever was nonexistent today. He said he felt better today, although still sick, and he's been able to keep down solid foods, and even a little liquid.

The bad news is, it's confirmed that Mike has hepatitis. He also has a few little gull stones, and he's got pneumonia. On top of all that, the doctors still say that Mike is a puzzlement to them. He has some other illness that's making him feel this bad, and they just can't figure out what it could be.

The other day, Mike told my mom, "I feel like just checking out." She said, "You can't check out yet, honey, the doctor said you have to stay in the hospital for at least another week." Mike replied, "No, I mean, I feel like *checking out*." Apparently, he told Carrie (his daughter and my step sister) something along those lines too, and it really bothered her. It really bothers all of us to hear him talk like that... especially my mom, I think.

It's my guess that Mike will be a little more confident that he's going to make it from here on out because of how he's feeling today. I really think he's going to be okay. I want to thank everyone who prayed for him; I believe it really helped, and is still helping.

--Holly Rachael :-)

No comments: