Sunday, May 19, 2002

The Human Spider

Time: 11:24 P.M.
I'm Wearing: Pink hoodie, black Luxor shirt and jeans.
I Last Ate: Superman ice cream at the movies.
Holly's Song Pick of the Day: "Hero" by Chad Kroeger
_________________________________________________________

***** SPIDERMAN SPOILERS AHEAD*****

Mom and I just got back from seeing Spiderman. Oh, man! It was so cool with the plot and special effects and the hottie... but Carrie was right. WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT ENDING?! I mean, I understand that this ending leaves an opening for a sequel, but... COME *ON*! Poooor Kirsten! Wait, Kirsten probably made a ton of money off of this movie, so poooooooor M.J.! I mean, her dad was an A-hole, and that Harry dude sucked, and she didn't even get that acting job she wanted.

So what does Peter do? "Gee, it's great that you decided you're in love with me, and kissed me and all, after I've been in love with you since I was 6 years old, but let's just be friends!"

Okay, okay... I'm being a little unfair. Peter didn't have a choice. He's Spiderman, and that's his gift and his curse-- the people he loves will always suffer. So he's trying not to love M.J. so he can save her. I've gotta admit, that's pretty sweet. The dude is giving up the chick he's loved since he was 6 years old so that she won't have to suffer. That's... that's actually *really, SUPER* sweet. But... she doesn't understand, and that saddens me to a major extent. And it's too bad that he had to be "Spiderman" 'cause he wanted to be called The Human Spider.

Huh. Now that I've written about the movie, I seem to get it. Okay... I've decided I really, really like the movie. It's not as good as Harry Potter! But it's pretty dang good.

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: