Monday, May 6, 2002

Mother-Daughter Lunch-in Minus Mother

Time: 1:15 P.M.

I'm wearing: Blue Old Navy shirt and jean shorts.

I last ate: Frosted Flakes with soy milk.

Holly's Song Pick For the Day: "Calling Down an Angel" by Plus One.

_________________________________________________________

Welp, Saturday was the annual Mother/Daughter Lunch-in at church, and Mom, Grandma and I were all looking forward to it as usual. Unfortunately, yesterday morning, Mike called from the hospital, and said he needed my mom there. So, she had to go to the hospital, and miss our lovely lunch-in.

I went to the lunch-in two and a half hours early with Grandma so we could help to set everything up. I felt that, since I was dressed up, my walking cast was inappropriate, and I wore two sandles. My ankle felt fine, so I didn't see any reason not too. All of our church friends attacked me about it, though. Ah well.

The lunch-in was so much fun this year! Our entertainment was a couple of fourteen-year-old girls who sang amazingly well. They sang "Written On My Heart" by Plus One and a Rachael Lampa song I can't remember the name of, plus a song called "Jesus is the Rock" that was supposed to be an interactive thing with the kids. But the only "kid" that would participate was 16-year-old Ashley Little! That girl is hilarious. Also, my favorite actress from the Flint Community Players, Andrea Consiglio, did a reading. It was awesome.

Yesterday, Dad, Zach and I went out to dinner with my grandma and grandpa Z, Aunt Barb, Uncle Don, Lindsay and Jennifer. We haven't done that in months, seeing as Grandma and Grandpa have been in Florida, and it was so much fun to be with everyone again. We ate at Damons, and I talked about Grand Blanc's prom with Lindsay, Jen and Aunt Barb while Zach talked to Grandma until she got drunk from her long island iced teas. *Snickers*.

Alrighty, it's raining, so... ugh. Later.

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: