Tuesday, May 28, 2002

BAT IN THE BASEMENT!

Time: 12:41 P.M.
I'm Wearing: Mauve Amy Grant shirt and jean shorts.
I Last Ate: Corn flakes w/ bananas & soy milk.
Holly's Song Pick of the Day: The Harry Potter theme.
________________________________________________________

I hope my title sounds something like Quirrel's "TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!" becauses it's Harry Potter DVD Day! ALRIIIIIIIGHT!

Anyway, though... Last night (or morning) around 3 AM, I was in the kitchen, making a sandwich when the phone rings once, then stops! What kind of moron would call us at 3 in the morning and promptly hang up?! According to the caller ID, it was Richardson, Dave, whoever that is.

Then I looked up, and there was a spider on the wall! I'm terrified of spiders, so I started hurrying to finish making my sandwich. But then I heard this noise... It reminded me of that movie, The Mummy, when all those scarabs were running accross the floor. I looked around anxiously, but I didn't see bugs... I saw a bird, or so I thought, flying from the half-bathroom to the basement!

I ran down the hall and yelled, "DAD! THERE IS A *BIRD* IN THE HOUSE!" He replied, "A bird? Are you sure it isn't a bat?" I was like, "Um... no." IT WAS A *BAT*! So, Dad came out of his room and locked the bat in the basement. He told me, "I'm too tired to chase it out of the house now, but he won't hurt ya while he's down there."

So, I went back to bed, all the while freaking out. As I lay there, I heard all these banging noises. My dad must've heard them too because he knocked on my door and said, "Is that you making all that noise or is that the stupid bat?" So he got up, opened all the doors and the garage, and chased the bat out of the house in about half an hour.

Dad went back to bed, but I couldn't sleep because I was still really shaken. So, I turned on my TV to calm me down, and guess what was on? BATMAN!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: