Wednesday, April 24, 2002

No More Cast For Me!

Time: 11:31 P.M.
I'm wearing: Blue Old Navy T-shirt, jeans, and a WALKING cast, for a change.
I last ate: A chik patti (veggie chicken) sandwich.
Holly's Song Pick For Today: "Why" by 98 Degrees.
_________________________________________________________

I went to the hottie orthopedic doctor the day before yesterday to get my cast taken off. Good Lord, do you know what they use to take the cast off?! This... round... chainsaw thing! I was like, "AAAAAAH!" when I saw it. However, he cut through most of my cast without cutting my leg.

But then he's like, "Ah, crap, the saw didn't get the whole cast off." So he took a rather large pair of scissors and started cutting the rest of my cast off. In the process, he cut my leg in two different places! I swear, the cuts are this big: ------------------------- and ---------. Ridiculous, right? Ouch.

Anyway, when the hottie (key word being "hottie") orthopedic doctor successfully got the cast off of my leg, I noticed that my leg was all gross and hairy. EEEEEEEEW! I mean, of course it was going to be hairy, there had been a cast on my leg for 5 weeks! But... ugh. I can't believe the hottie doctor saw that. How embarrassing.

So, the nurse took me into the X-ray room and checked out my ankle bone. She said it's doing fine, and it should be healed up soon. Then the hot doctor put a walking cast on my leg, and it's really comfortable. IT feels like a really comfy, cushy boot. I can walk really easily on it, too. That rocks, because my dad's getting us tickets to Cedar Point this summer, and I'll be able to walk around the place now.

I immediately went home and shaved my leg. I hope I never have to get another cast on my leg (or anywhere, for that matter), 'cause that was gross. Plus it hurt. Alright see ya!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: