Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Mom and Mike's Marriage in Mayhem

Time: 9:24 P.M.
I'm wearing: A new blue top and new jean shorts, with the FREAKING CAST!!!!!!
I last ate: Bean burritos at Don Pablos.
Song that's in my head: "Gone Away" by the Offspring.
_________________________________________________________

Ew... what a night last night was...

I went shopping with Mom, Grandma and Grandpa yesterday. I had a lot of fun. We bought Serendipity on DVD, I got new shorts, a shirt, capri pajama bottoms and hair ribbons. Then Mom and I rushed home to see The Bachelor.

Since The Bachelor is one of my favorite shows, I sat on the couch closest to the TV, so I could hear it. But Mike was like, "You're in my spot! Get out of my spot!" Good Lord, it doesn't have his name on it, but he thinks it does. So, my mom pulled the loveseat right up to the TV so I could hear my show. But Mike complained that I was sitting too close to him.

He yakked all through The Bachelor. After Once & Again, I decided to lie down because I wasn't feeling too good... and Mike makes this disgusted face, goes "Ugh!" and storms off into the kitchen. Apparently, I had my feet near his face. Big deal. Since Mike's been all mean and unemployed lately, that was the last straw for Mom. She stood up and yelled at him, then told me, "Come on, Holly. We don't need this, we're going to Grandma's, pack your stuff up."

When she said that, it brought back all kinds of horrible memories. That's almost exactly what Mom said when she decided to leave Chuck. And when we left Chuck, he stormed out of the house after us, and left a huge fist imprint on the top of Mom's car. Scared me half to death. So, I freaked out and started having a panic attack.

But then Mom realized we had to take the videos back to the rental place, so she told Mike, "We're going to take the videos back." By then, I was hysterically crying because all of those awful Chuck memories were rushing back to me. I couldn't go back there, so I asked Mom to take me to my grandma's house.

At Grandma's, Mike called to talk to Mom. He said he'd walked to the video store (at midnight!) because he was worried that we'd been mugged or something, and he (eventually) apologized for being such an A-hole. So, me with a migraine the size of Texas, and Mom with a tear-streaked face, we headed back home.

What a sucky night, huh? I've said it before, I'll say it again: I need a vacation. And *dang*, it's 92 degrees outside!

--Holly Rachael :-} <---Half-hearted smile

No comments: