Friday, June 7, 2002

No Newsies For Holly

Time: 9:52 P.M.
I'm Wearing: Bill & Ted shirt, shorts, flip flops.
I Last Ate: Cheeseless pizza @ Fazoli's.
Holly's Song Pick of the Day: "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne.
________________________________________________________

If I do a bunch of work around the house, my dad will give me $20. Since I don't have a job, that's pretty good for me. Well, I worked all day today so I could buy Carrie a present for her open house, which is tomorrow.

Dad and Zach didn't seem to think a gift was the best thing to give Carrie, though. They said they just knew she'd like money better. I really wanted to buy Newsies on DVD for myself, though (for some reason, going to Mondie's diary made me really want it! Hmm...).

I asked Zach if I could put his $20 in the card I got for Carrie so I could get Newsies, and say that money was from both of us. He said sure, but when we found Newsies, we saw it was $22.99. Apparently, Zach didn't want to pay the extra cash for me, so he started telling me how dishonest it was that I was spending the money I'd earned to buy Carrie's present, on myself. He kept lecturing me about it, and I finally put it back, feeling bad about myself.

But he kept throwing insults at me after we got out the door of Circuit City! I told him to stop being so mean and he was all, "I'm not being mean! I think you're PMSing!" Like I was being the jerk! UGH!

So, Carrie'll get $40 from her step siblings tomorrow, which is really the right thing to do. I just wish Zach hadn't been so mean to me about it!

--Holly Rachael

No comments: