Monday, June 17, 2002

Father's Day Illness

Time: 6:48 P.M.
I'm Wearing: Glittery black "Diva" tank top w/ denim overshirt, jeans and flip-flops.
I Last Ate: Vegetable Harvest Dinner @ Bob Evans.
Holly's Song Pick of the Day: "The World Will Know"--The Newsies!
________________________________________________________

Well, poop. I was too sick to go to the open houses I'd planned to attend on Saturday. I stayed home and flipped between The Mummy and The Matchmaker instead. Reeeeal exciting.

I was still really sick when I woke up on Sunday morning, so I couldn't go to church. I didn't think I'd be able to go to the Father's Day bash at Grandma Z.'s house either, but I got a little better, and I made it. It would have been bad to not spend Father's Day with my dad, plus I love hanging out with my extended family. Zach and I got my dad a Red Wings polo-type shirt, which... he actually bought, and we paid him back for (how wrong was that of us?).

It was really hot at my grandparents' house, and they wouldn't turn on the air for some reason, so we all went outside to sit on the front porch and talk. My poor cousin, Lindsay cried because her boyfriend cheated on her with her friend, and she still has to see him everyday 'cause he lives in the apartment above her's. But all in all, I think we all had a good time (even Lindsay). We broke out old home videos of us kids when we were little, which gave us all a laugh.

I went to the neurologist today to see what's up with these stupid leg spasms I've been having for the past 5 years or so. He made me strip down to my bra and undies, then wait there for 2 hours in a very cold room. I think the plan was to either bore me to death, or freeze me to death. Something that involved death, anyway. He didn't even tell me much, except that I have to come back tomorrow morning after NOT EATING FOR 12 FREAKING HOURS and get some blood drawn. GAH! HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE? *Cries*. Then I've gotta get a cat scan, an E.E.G. and some other ridiculous-sounding test I don't wish to take.

Well, I've gotta go, work on math with my dad since I'm taking my G.E.D. test Friday. *Hyperventilates*.

--Holly Rachael :-0

No comments: