Saturday, June 22, 2002

Grandma Z.'s 80th B-Day Bash

Time: 11:44 P.M.
I'm Wearing: Gray Mackinac Island shirt and short w/ flip-flops.
I Last Ate: Snickers ice cream from Ron's.
Holly's Song Pick of the Day: "Frank's 2000'' TV" by "Weird Al" Yankovic.
_________________________________________________________

After doing G.E.D. practice tests and cleaning the house all afternoon, I went to my aunt Barb's house with Dad and Zach. It was supposed to be a surprise party, but my grandma's friends didn't understand that, I guess, and they called her to ask what time the party was! Oh well.

I talked to a lot of people I didn't know, and most of them were pretty cool. They seemed to remember me from when I was a baby because they were all like, "You're KENNY's kid? Wow! You've grown."

I would have had a perfectly awesome time at the party, though, if this woman hadn't decided to talk my ear off all day. good Lord, that woman acted like she'd just come from an 'N Sync concert where she had a backstage pass that included a naked J.C. Chasez, and while she was there she drank five espressos and three Mountain Dews. I tell ya, she was a hyper one.

Everyone there kept discussing their age, and when I said I was 18, the old people would all ask if I had graduated this year. It was sort of embarrassing, telling them I had to get my G.E.D. until they told me they didn't know what a G.E.D. was. One old lady even thought a G.E.D. was something very prestigious! Heh.

Anyway, though, when the conversation got around to how old Grandma was, I finally realized, "Hey... she's 80 years old." And people kept telling stories about how their 80-year-old friends were dying and stuff... GAH! I don't know if I could stand it if any of my grandparents died because I'm so family-oriented, I'm really close to all four of them. Man... So I hope my grandma still has quite a few years left in her. It seemed to me like she was having an awesome time, so that's great. We're going out right on her birthday on Tuesday, too. Okay, latah!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: