Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Extra, Extra! Holly Does Newsies Soivey!

Heeeeey, everybody! I've finally stolen the lovely Newsies survey that Mondie made up! So, here goes...

Stolen From: Quidditch Chaser

1. Who is your favorite newsie, and why? Jack! What a hottie! Need I say more? Actually, yeah, I do need to say more. He's such the man, how he saved his friends (and goil, heheh) from those creeps, knowing what the concequences were.

2. Who are your next 5 faves (no explanation necessary):
#2: Spot
#3: David
#4: Crutchy
#5: Les
#6: Racetrack

3. What’s your favorite song that the newsies sing? Does "Santa Fe" count? I mean, I know it's just Jack, but... well, I've got a thing for Jack. And that song made me cry in journalism class!

4. Second favorite song? "The World Will Know." Rockin'. Simply rockin', I tells ya!

5. What’s your favorite quote in the ENTIRE movie? "I don't want nobody carryin' me, ya hear?"--Crutchy. What a brave little dude. Don't'cha just want to give him a big hug, and perhaps an extra crutch?

6. What’s your favorite quote by your favorite newsie? "You shouldn't call people lously little shrimps, Oscar, unless you're refering to the family resemblance in your brudda here."--Jack. Heheh... Awesome.

7. How many times have you watched Newsies? Probably about five times.

8. Can you name the characteristics of most of the characters? Um... sure I can! I just... don't... feel like it... right now. *Backs away slowly*.

9. What would your newsie name be? Probably "O.C.D." or something along the lines of "obsessive".

10. What’s your favorite dance number in the movie? Oh, geez... I think I agree with Mondie, "Carryin' the Banner." But they're all really good!

11. What character annoys you the most? That freaking Weasle guy! Gargh! There were various times when I felt like scratching his eyes out.

12. What’s your favorite blooper/observation from the movie? Oh, man... we had to write down all kind of bloopers when we took notes on the movie in 9th grade journalism, but I don't remember any of them!

13. Do you have a newsies site? If so, what is the URL? No, but they'll go on my site! It's still being built.

14. If you were a newsie, what part of the city would you be from? Heh, I don't know... Wherever's least dangerous.

15. Would you have joined in the strike? Absolutely! I'm all about standing up for what I believe in, and I totally agreed with the newsies, so yeah! Definitely!

16. All the newsies are in a building that catches on fire. Who would you save? Les, the little cutie. But then I'd scream, "Jack's up there! He's already hot enough without having to burn in a fire!"

17. Have you ever sang Newsies songs in public? Nope, I don't believe I have. Don't worry, I will...

18. Are all your friends hooked on Newsies, too? No. Sarah liked it okay, but she didn't get hooked like I did. And Zach hated it for some reason. *Milhouse voice* My mom likes it though!

19. Which newsie is most like you? Jack. All my life, my parents taught me to be a leader, and stand up for what I believe in, and I like to get loud and angry about it!

20. Tell the truth: have you ever tried to do the dance moves, no matter how dorky you looked? Nope. But now that you mention it, I think I'll try that out!

21. If you had to wear a Newsie outfit for a day, whose outfit would you steal? Heh... uh, does Sarah count?

22. What’s your favorite line from a song? "Friends of the friendless, seize the day. Raise up the torch and light the way. Proud and defiant, we'll slay the giant. Let us seize the day!"--"Seize the Day"... obviously, heh.

23. Is Sarah a skank or a sweetheart? A sweetheart. I really liked her.

24. What’s Jack’s best attribute? Oh man, do I have to pick a best? I like everything about the guy! But I'll have to say... his protectiveness over the people he loves. What a man!

25. C’mon now, don’t you just adore Mush? Yeah, he was pretty hot.

26. Every time you hear someone mention “Brooklyn,” do your thoughts automatically turn to Spot Conlon? Actually, my thoughts turn to Lois, who used to be on General Hospital. But that would be my second choice!

27. Which newsie has the coolest accessories? Crutchy! For, he had a crutch! I had two of those, but I'm might glad to be rid of them.

28. Do you fast forward through “Santa Fe” or let Jack wail his heart out? That's the best part of the movie (except for the awesome kiss at the end, of course)! I let him wail his heart out and stare at the screen without blinking.

29. Do you fast forward through the Pulitzer parts? Absolutely!

30. And, last, can you officially proclaim yourself Newsie-Obsessed? Yes, indeed! I know I haven't seen it as many times as I have a certain episode of Daria--"Pierce Me"--or the Harry Potter movie, but I promise I will when I buy it!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: