Thursday, June 27, 2002

For This Test, Your Hair Must Suck

Time: 5:00 P.M.
I'm Wearing: Mauve Amy Grant shirt, jean shorts and tennies.
I Last Ate: A veggie dog with mustard.
Holly's Song Pick of the Day: "Good Morning Beautiful" by Steve Holy.
________________________________________________________

Well, yesterday wasn't much fun. I had two medical tests in one day, which is never a good thing. I had to stay up for 24 hours prior to the first test, so that sucked.

The first test was an E.E.G., which I've had before, but it isn't very exciting. I had to sit there and do nothing but state at a TV screen for 45 minutes. Sure, I'm used to stating at a TV screen for that amount of time, but the only thing on the screen was a black and white checkerboard pattern. *Blinks*, Yeah. It's not exactly The Simpsons, so I just about fell asleep.

The next test was at 10 P.M. for some reason. It was an M.R.I., which I've also had before, but not since 4th grade. The requirements for this test were as follows: Hair must be completely clean (no gel, mousse, grease, or similar products), all metal jewelery must be removed, no ponytail holders or barettes.

I went to the M.R.I. with my brother, and we had to sit in a waiting room that smelled like cigarette smoke for an hour before I even went in. I couldn't even concentrate on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (my favorite book), that's how bad my asthma got. When I went in, they had me put my watch, purse and book into a locker (?) and go into this Dexter's Lab-lookin' room where this guy put me in an uncomfortable tube thing where both my arms fell asleep, and so did I.

Wow. What an exciting day. Today, as soon as I got up, Zach and I had to go to the dentist, where I learned that I have the beginnings of gingivitis. I've never had any problem with my teeth before in my life, so that was just greeeeeeat to find out.

Welp... I'm going to go out to eat w/ my family and see if I can chew food now that the hygentist has loosened all of my teeth with her freakin' floss.

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: