Monday, July 1, 2002

Inspiration Hits... *Ow*!

*Rubs head* That lousy inspiration hit me right over the head! Did you see that? Good Lord...

Anyway, I was watching The Newsies extras on my DVD, and they have this thing on there about the history involved in the movie, and how they thought up the songs and the storyline. It's really fascinating, and it makes me want write.

I really like learning about where things come from, and I love music and stories, so why not combine all three? I'm going to surf the web to see if I can find an old, true story that sparks my interest. Then I want to write a musical about it.

I know musicals aren't very popular these days (with the exception of the awesome Moulin Rouge), but I love them. Even though my singing voice is far from Mariah Carey's, I also want to try out for some musicals in my town. I really want to join the Flint Community Players, and I think I will. Even if you don't get a part in the Community Players, they can put you to work making scenery and stuff. So... yeah.

For now, though, I'm headed over to google.com to check out some cool historic tales. Later!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: