Friday, July 12, 2002

Father/Daughter Bonding @ Cedar Point

Time: 12:15 A.M.
I'm Wearing: "United We Stand" shirt, jeans and flip-flops.
My Hair Is: A horrible, windblown mess.
I Last Ate: Cake from Bill Knapps in Maumee, Ohio.
Holly's Song Pick of the Day: "From My Head to My Heart"--Evan and Jaron
________________________________________________________

I just got back from at day at Cedar Point, and I must say, it was pretty swell. Last night, I cried hysterically about the fact that Zach refused to go with us, but now I'm okay... except for the fact that I've got like, 3rd frickin' degree sunburns everywhere! Ow.

Dad and I drove all the way to Yipsilani (uh... however you spell it), listening to Avril Lavigne, Mandy Moore, 'N Sync and my very own burned CD of The Best of Harry Potter Fan Fiction. Yes, I am a nerd. Then we stopped and ate at Bob Evans. Then we drove all the way to good ol' Sandusky, Ohio.

When we got into the park, we headed straight for The Blue Streak, which was a coaster I'd never been on. It was pretty fun, but I've really got to be honest here... I don't much like the feeling of my stomach dropping. It... *shudders* bothers me. I'm kind of a mild-coaster kinda gal, I think.

Next, we headed over to Calypso, which was one of my fun, spinning around-and-around really really fast rides. *Giddily* I love those! So then we went on even more of my kind of rides like The Scrambler and The Matterhorn. My dad gets really sick on my type'a rides, though, so we had to cool it and eat gormet pretzels with smoothies, then we got on the Cedar Downs, the racing horses (tee hee!).

Then we went on the Wild Cat, which is my very favorite roller coaster. I like it because there isn't very much stomach-dropping involded; just speediness, lots of loops and little hills. But while we were waiting in line for that ride, my dad complained that his back was really hurting him, so he propped himself up on the bars with his arms. I tried it too, but it didn't work out so well for me... I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and *OWWWCH*, does it hurt!

After the Wild Cat, Dad and I sat through the Cedar Point show, "Snoopy Rocks On Ice!" I've gotta tell ya... I loved that show! Man, they've got like, Olympic-talented skaters performing! And those people in the big Peanuts costumes must have had a really hard time skating. Oh yes, and Dad slept through that, by the way.

Next, we went on these awesome rides (you know, my spinny kind). There was one called Troika, and the other one was called Chaos. They were both SO... MUCH... FUN! Chaos takes you up on this wheel, turns you sideways, and then the car you're in starts flipping over and over and over, upside down, and it looks like you're going to smash you face on the cement! But it was so cool! That, however, made my dad really sick, so we had to chill for a bit, and watch the poor suckers on the Power Tower.

After I got whip-lash on the bumper cars (an old lady rammed into the front of my car while Dad crashed into the back of my car), we went on the Gemini, which is a favorite coaster of mine. I like the whole blue and red racing theme they've got goin' on... super fun. I am a screamer, though. *Screams at top volume to get point across*.

Then we went on the Mine Ride, which just... sucks. All it does is jerk you around a little bit. Next, we headed over to one of my favorite rides in the whole park, Thunder Canyon, where we got soaked. Thankfully, we brought extra clothes.


Finally, Dad and I went on the Giant Wheel, and I went on Schwabinchen. Then we went to The Hat Rack (or something) and I got this spiffy China-person hat. It's wonderful.


I sure am sunburned... ow. Welp, that's it. Hope ya'll had as good a day as I did!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: