Tuesday, July 9, 2002

Orange County & Fan Fiction

Time: 1:25 A.M.
I'm Wearing: "United We Stand" shirt, red and blue shorts, black flip-flops.
My Hair Is: Down and straight.
I Last Ate: Chips.
Holly's Song Pick of the Day: "Short Skirt, Long Jacket"--Cake
________________________________________________________

Oh man, my dad and I rented Orange County tonight, and it was so good! I was actually expecting it to suck, so I was pleasantly surprised! When it was over, I turned to Dad and said, "Wow. I thought that was really good!" to which he replied, "Oh. I thought that was really mediocre!" But really, it was spiffy as all get-out.

So then my dad went to bed, and I got struck by The Lightening Bolt of Inspiration. I immediately fired up the computer, opened up Word, and typed like there was no tomorrow. That's right, now there are two more chapters in my Harry Potter fan fic, "Harry Potter--The Bachelor." *Shrieks like she's at an 'N Sync concert* I'm so thrilled that my inspiration crushed and destroyed my temporary writer's block!

Well, I'm just bubbling over with anticipation, not knowing what people will think of my fic. So I thought I just might post an excerpt from "Harry Potter--The Bachelor" right here on FOD! Please tell me what you think! Here a scene from it:
________________________________________________________
Harry felt his stomach drop. Twenty-five beautiful girls were walking toward him, all dressed in glamorous dresses and beaming at him. Cho caught his eye immediately, and he couldn’t help but gawk at her in amazement.
She wore a dazzling red, strapless gown, and her hair was done up in a stylish twist. That twist kind of reminded him of Hermione’s hair at the Yule Ball last year. He laughed, remembering how that twist had fallen to pieces when she fought with Ron that night, and his nerves lessened considerably. That’s what I’ll do, he thought. When I get too nervous during this, I’ll just think of my friends. Then he turned his attention to Bagman.
“Hello, I’m Ludo Bagman, and I’ll be your host. I’m here at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry where we’ll be broadcasting from all month long! Now, let’s meet our bachelor… Harrrrry ‘The Boy Who Lived’ Potter!” The Memory Capturer turned toward Harry.
“Harry is a fifteen-year-old guy in need of a prom date! He stands at five-foot-four, has black hair and green eyes. Harry spends his free time playing for the Gryffindor House Quidditch team where he’s a Seeker. Now, let’s meet the witches!”
The girls began to walk toward Harry. They all paused to smile and pose for the camera, and then proceeded to shake Harry’s hand and introduce themselves. First up was Cho. “Hey Harry, I’m Cho.”
He smiled back. “I know. You look—”
But he never got to finish his sentence; more girls were already lined up to meet him. “Hey, I’m Jen.”
“I’m Kelly.”
“I’m Brayden.”
Harry couldn’t catch half of their names, let alone take a good look at them, they were moving so fast. At long last, Bagman said, “And those are the witches! Join us after these messages for more of The Bachelor! …And we’re clear! Good job, Harry, bravo. C’mon, grab some floo powder, we’re headed to Hogsmeade!”
“What?” Harry said, caught way off guard. “Tonight?!”
“Well yeah,” Bagman said in a matter-of-fact way. “Come on, the girls are already there!” ________________________________________________________

Well, what do you think? Is this pure crap, or is it okay? I'd really appreciate it if ya'd drop me a note and tell me. Thanks! Ah, it's storming outside! *Hides under desk*.

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: