Friday, October 5, 2001

I had a really sucky day

Actually, yesterday was one of those rare, really bad days. Bad doesn't even describe it. Yesterday absolutely sucked.

Mike is always late picking me up from school. I think he's been on time a total of... once. Yesterday was a record for him, though. He was an hour and a half late picking me up from school! I couldn't believe it, the *janitor* left before I did!

And we don't have a house in Bay City yet, so my family (except for Mike) was in Flint. I tried to call my mom on the pay phone, but it wouldn't call numbers that far out of the area code. So I sat there for about half an hour, ready to cry when I realized my dad had given me a phone card to call him with!

After calling my mom and telling her about my dilemma, I sat on an outdoor bench. Finally, a blue Blazer (all my family members have Buick LeSabres) pulled up at my school, and out steps Mike and a hockey player, Matt Barth. I was so mad. Get this, Matt Barth apologized for picking me up late, but Mike didn't! He was like, "Holly, I was on the phone with a very important person! Even if I had remembered to pick you up, I couldn't have done it." UUUUUGH!

When we got to the hockey arena, I realized I FORGOT MY INTERVIEW QUESTIONS!!!!!! Crap! So, I explained that to Mike, and he got all bent out of shape. He started freaking out about it!

After we left the hockey arena, I told Mike I was starving. So he goes, "Okay, I'll get you something after we make a couple of stops." He said he was going to run into this printing place where they were supposed to put logos and names on his hockey jerseys. This little "stop" lasted two hours, and he didn't leave the keys with me... oh, plus he left the window down. After about an hour, it started raining. Freezing cold rain was coming in the window, hitting my face and arms. Mike didn't apologize about that either.

When he got back in the car, I said, "Are we going back to Flint now?" and he looked at me like I was nuts and said, "I've got a lot of important stuff to do before the day is over!" I was *SO* hungry by now, so he stopped by Burger King, and I got a large fry. Then went to the hockey arena again, and for some stupid reason, I said I'd wait in the car while he "ran in" again, so I could eat my fries. Good Lord, he didn't come out of that hockey arena until I'd *digested* my fries.

*FINALLY*... we went back to Flint. I turned on the radio to try and chill a little... but then Mike goes, "How are we going to know if something important is going on in the news?! We're not 'cause you've got it on the rock station!" and then he flipped it to some sports news station.

Uuuuuuuuuuuugh. I was so ready to cry when I got home. Hopefully, I'll never have a day *that* bad again. Ick. Later.

--Holly Rachael :-

No comments: