Saturday, October 27, 2001

A sad, but strangely happy dream...

I've been pretty fed up with people at school. Sometimes, they're so noisy and annoying that I can't even concentrate on my work. Last week, I kept thinking about my old friends from Carman-Ainsworth, and I wished they were there with me. No matter how idiotic some kids acted, they could cheer me up.

In my dream, I was sitting in my math class with a bunch of jerks who kept yelling stupid things at the top of their lungs. I was so upset by them, I took the worksheet I was doing, and crumped it up. I looked at my watch and realized the class was almost over. I willed myself not to cry, but I couldn't help it, and silent tears ran down my face.

I tried my best to block the idiots at my table out, but then I heard the morons at the table behind me. They were tormenting some kid because he never said anything to them. I thought, "Well, duh" because no one in their right mind would talk to these cretins. When I turned around, I saw who they were tormenting... it was my old friend from Carman-Ainsworth, Brendon! The two guys in my school I hate the most were pushing Brendon and smacking him, so I got up and punched them both in the face. *Me*! I never punch *anybody*!

As soon as I got the butt-holes away from Brendon, I saw everybody watching me. I gave them all a lecture about how much better Brendon was than all of them. I said he was going to be somebody simply because he *didn't* hang out with people like them. I told them what a great person Brendon was, and how sweet and helpful he was to everyone. I told them I hated them all, and then I stormed out of the classroom.

When I got outside, I noticed it was lunch time, but I called my mom to come, pick me up from school anyway. As my mom pulled up in the school's parking lot, I saw Brendon walking up to me. He told me thank you for telling those guys where to stick it, and then he hugged me. The hug was really comforting to me, I guess I really miss Brendon I lot more than I thought. I started crying again, and when I pulled away, I saw that Brendon was crying too. Then he told me he loved me, and my mom honked.

As I got into my mom's car and waved goodbye to him, I realized I loved him, too. Then I woke up. I felt really serene, and happy, but I felt sad too. As I got out of bed and looked in the mirror, I saw that I really was crying.

No comments: