Friday, October 12, 2001

If I wasn't a celebrity, would you be so into me?

You know, it's weird. Although I've been staying in a hotel all the while I've been in Bay City, I feel like I'm famous. At the Hurricanes' games, I sit up in the press box. Frequently, I've been eating lunch at the Civic Arena with local big-shots. It feels surreal. It's cool to say, "I'm with the hockey players" and have people shake my hand and actually seem glad to know me. And when girls run after the hockey players, asking for their autographs and/or phone numbers, I'm walking with them, discussing an episode of The Simpsons.

It sort of bothers me when girls glare at me when I hand Jeff Crouse his Pepsi, but what am I gonna do? Lately, I don't even smile at them because, as long as I'm going to be living with Billy Killbreath, they're going to look at me like I'm 'N Sync's hairdresser.

Other than the girls who think I suck, this life with the hockey players rocks. I mean, I'm sharing fries with the guy on the cover of the sports page! It's pretty fun and different for someone who spends her summers online, reading Daria fan fiction, you know? A girl even stopped me in my government class this morning, and said, "Hey, I'm writing an article for the Bay City Times, and I need to ask you a few questions about the Hurricanes."

I think Jeff Crouse is the funniest guy on the team, but he has girls flocking around him *ALL THE TIME*! They don't even leave the guy alone when he goes to the bathroom! Chicks are doing to same thing to Moose Smallman, Matt Wilkens and most of the other players! These guys are loving the attention because, before they were celebrities, some of them never even had a date. The attention the guys are getting reminds me of that song by 'N Sync. "If I wasn't a celebrity... would you be so nice to me?"

Welp... I'm going to go now. Dude, my diary's rockin'! My brother, Zach redid it for Halloween for me! Doesn't he kick arse? Thanks, Z-Bear! Later!

--Holly Rachael ;-D

No comments: