Friday, October 5, 2001

*Falls out of chair laughing at theme*

Heheh, the theme says, "Did you ever have to break something to your parents that you were afraid to tell them? How did you prepare for it, and how did it turn out?"

The real question here should be, "Have you ever *not* been afraid to tell a parent something?" Just about every week of my entire life, there has been something I felt the need to hide from my dad. I'm not going to drone on about hiding numerous report cards from my dad, though. I'm going to write about a time when I was like... 10 years old.

Quite a few years back, I was addicted to One Life to Live, and liked the other ABC soaps as well. I didn't want to leave the house, or even the room, when my soaps were on. So for Christmas, my parents got me a mini-TV. They said I could take it anywhere I wanted, and I could watch my soaps on it! I took it *everywhere*, and I was so thrilled to have that handy little TV, on which I could watch Sean Moynahan on One Life to Live!

Well, one day, I got into those marker-board type markers. I discovered that I could write on mirrors with the marker, and easily wipe it right off. I got a little too marker-happy, thinking I could write on *anything* and wipe the marker off. So I wrote "I love Sean Moynahan!" all over my mini-TV screen... and found it WOULDN'T WIPE OFF! I freaked out. What was I going to tell my parents?! I was *sure* the TV had to have been very expensive. And what a stupid thing to write! I looked like... well, I looked like the obsessive freak I was.

I finally worked up the nerve to whisper what I'd done to my mom. She told me the TV had only been like, $30, and she thought what I'd written was cute, and as soon as she got done laughing about it, she told my dad. He wasn't as amused, but he wasn't mad, either. I couldn't believe it. I had stressed for about five hours over nearly nothing. Geez.

And the moral here is... um... don't write on TV screens with marker. It doesn't come off. Later!

--Holly Rachael ;-D

1 comment:

◈lunaluna◈ said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desk.
I'll publish on my blog!.
And if you want I can link your blog on mine!

EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com