Thursday, February 21, 2002

What's Wrong With Britney?

People keep telling me they can't believe that I listen to Britney Spears. My cousins think everything she does is sinful, my step-dad says she shouldn't be showing her belly button, and my best friend hates her because, apparently, "she's such a slut!"

Okay... Britney may sin, but geez, don't we all? I mean, nobody's perfect. Yes, she does show her belly button. And the point is...? What? The girl is in excellent shape. She does two hundred sit-ups a day, along with constant areobics. If I were in that kind of shape, I'd want to flaunt it, too. As for her being a slut, who really knows? All I know is that she has a boyfriend that she's obviously very much in love with. I really doubt that she's sleeping around on Justin Timberlake. I mean, come *on*... he's JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.

I was reading my Seventeen magazine the other day, and someone wrote in saying, "Britney is talentless." She *is*? Could've fooled me. I *love* her singing voice, and that girl can *dance* like nobody's business. So I don't see where they're getting this "talentless" crap from.

I wish people would just give Britney a break, or at least quit telling me how dumb I am for liking her.

--Holly

No comments: