Sunday, November 5, 2000

I'm Inspired! I Must Start a Business!

My mom taped Once and Again for me, and I watched it last night. I was *so* good! Lily's sister has this book store, and she was going to have a "matchmaking night." She took pictures of a bunch of single people who loved books, and hung their pictures on the wall, along with their favorite book and why it was their favorite. Lily's sister is single herself, though, and when she saw all the couples getting hook up, she felt sad that *she* wasn't hooked up with someone. That hit a bit close to home... I hooked Sarah and Zach up, and now I'm sad when they kiss. But check it out! If I started my own matchmaking service, I'd be in the business of romance... my favorite thing in the whole world! And I don't think I'd be as lonely watching couples hook up that I don't know!

Last night, I went to work on my matchmaking idea, but I'm going to write a story about fictional people starting a matchmaking service first. The matchmaking service these people run is called "Inevitably United" and I made a big poster for it. Maybe I'll scan it and put it on my web site later. These people I made up, Shane, Miriam, and Kayle hook people up through this service according to their favorite TV shows. Shane's into shows like Norm and Drew Carey, Miriam's into show's like Daria and The Simpsons (like me, hee hee), and Kayle's into soaps like One Life to Live and General Hospital.

I also had another idea. I've been designing prom and wedding dresses since I was about four years old (I've been a hopeless romantic my whole life), and recently, people have been telling me that my drawings are actually good! I thought if I could start my own prom dress designing business, and call it "Prominade," that was rule! Hopefully, I can find a way to start these businesses. I have no idea where to go to ask someone how I would do this! Maybe my school counciler would know, or something. Welp, talk to ya later!

--"Holy" Holly Zintel ():-)

No comments: