Sunday, November 26, 2000

Furry Green Guys are Cute

I went to see The Grinch tonight and it RULED! If you haven't seen the movie yet, *DON'T READ THIS*! I'm spoiling it! The Grinch was so adorable when he was little! The theater was packed, and with good reason.

When I was little, The Grinch cartoon always seemed so long. Watching it the other night, I was dissapointed that it was over so quickly. The movie I saw tonight changed all that. The length was perfect, and it still gave me that tingley Christmas feeling that I had when I was a little girl.

I liked how Cindy Lou Who was such a big part of the movie. That little girl was able to see past all of the cheap showiness some near-sighted Whos had come to believe Christmas was. Cindy Lou knew what was up. She knew that no one could be as vile and evil as The Grinch was made out to be. I *liked* that little girl. I loved that song, "Where Are You, Christmas?" that she sang, and was redone by my girl, Faith Hill.

That woman, Martha, was *so* cool! She never even seemed to see what the other Whos saw when they looked at The Grinch. She didn't feel pity, fear, or disgust when she looked at him. She looked at him and saw the man she was meant to be with. It was clear that Martha was always in love with The Grinch, even when he was in his cave for all those years. What a woman, I tell you, what a woman! Her fiancee was such a jerk! That razor gift was just flat-out mean.

The soundtrack rocks! I've been downloading it from Napster. 'N Sync, Faith Hill and Jim Carrey combined? How lucky can you get?! Woo hoo!

--Holly the "Holy" Zintel ():-)

No comments: