Saturday, March 23, 2002

Wheelin' Around

Time: 1:25
I'm wearing: My Old Navy T-shirt, jeans, a new purple tennis shoe on my right foot, and my cast on my left.
I last ate: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with soy milk to dunk for breakfast.
Song that's in my head: That love medley song from Moulin Rouge.
_________________________________________________________

Well, I've been wheelin' around pretty well in my wheel chair, if I do say so myself. I went to the potluck at church on Wednesday, and got a bunch of people to sign my cast. I love the people at my church. They're all so sweet.

My best friend, Sarah, and her very nice boyfriend, Justin came over to visit me yesterday. Sarah, being the sweetheart she is, got me an Anne Geddes (sp?) bunny baby. It's so cute! Oh man! And on the way over, they got into a car accident! It wasn't *too* bad, 'cause nobody really got hurt or anything, but Sarah and Justin were still pretty shaken up about it. Sarah was crying, and Justin was visibly shaking. Poor kids... Ooh! And Justin sort of unofficially proposed to Sarah! I'm so excited for them.

My grandparents have been really great all week long, taking care of me. They've been helping me wheel into the bathroom, wash my hair in the sink, loading me in and out of the car... Those two are like angels on Earth. My mom has been really great, too, of course (as usual). And my dad and brother have been totally awesome, although I think Zach needs to stay away from the wheel chair. The dude ran me right into a table at church the other day!

My dad keeps trying to get me to use my crutches, which is probably a good idea, but I think I should stick to my wheel chair while I'm waiting for my right foot to heal up a little more. Dad says he thinks we might be able to get out to the movies today. I've got a big dose of cabin fever goin' on, so that'd be great if we can manage it.

Alrighty, later!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: