Friday, March 15, 2002

Holly the Activist

Time: 8:38 P.M.
I'm wearing: My blue Old Navy T-shirt and jeans.
I last ate: Refried beans on tortillas at Don Pablos.
Song that's in my head: "Ain't This the Feeling?" by Bliss 66.
_________________________________________________________

After the spaghetti dinner at church a few nights ago, Mike handed me the newspaper and said, "Hey Holly, look! I *told* you Rosie O'Donnel was gay!" Oh. Okay. But all of a sudden, Mike is making a huge deal about gay people. He's like, "Oh, gay people are just wrong!" and I'm like, "No they're not" and he's like, "Yes... they are."

Anyway, a few nights later, we were all sitting around, watching Once & Again, and it turns out that Jessie is gay. Mike got all grossed out, and ran to the bathroom, making puking sounds. I was like, "Dude. It's just gay people. Get a grip." So Mike goes online and looks up some Bible passages that say being gay is wrong. Geez, I don't think it's wrong to be gay, I just happen to be straight, and I tend to really stick up for gay people, because I know a lot of them, and they're all really nice.

So everybody's like, "Holly, you don't have to be an activist for *everything*!" But I'm a really opinionated person, so I have a tendency to REALLY stick up for everything I believe in. My family (except for my mom) all think I'm nuts for being this way.

One day, when they're least expecting it, I'm going to stick picket signs up their butts.

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: