Thursday, March 21, 2002

I Broke My Freakin' Ankles!

Time: 8:27 P.M.
I'm wearing: My "Give a Damn-- Go Vegetarian" shirt, black pants and a big cast on my leg.
I last ate: Square pizza from Little Caeser's.
Song that's in my head: "Hands Clean" by Alannis Morrisette.
_________________________________________________________

On Monday evening, I was carrying groceries into my mom's house when I noticed that Mom had left the door open. Suddenly, my indoor cat, Daria, ran outside, so I chased after her. My mom's yard is full of tree stumps and holes (thanks to the idiotic previous owners of the house). I tripped over a tree stump, caught my left foot in a hole, and promptly twisted both ankles around. I heard my left foot make a loud "CRACK... CRACK!" and I knew I had broken it. My right leg felt broken, too.

I screamed and cried at the top of my lungs. While I lay there in the front yard, my step dad and mom kept trying to catch Daria. Finally, they came over to me and asked what had happened. I cried, "I BROKE BOTH OF MY ANKLES! AAAAAAAAAAAH!" I couldn't stand up and, being quite a fat person, they couldn't very well pick me up and carry me into the house. We eventually decided that I was going to have to crawl into the house on my hands and knees. Gravel got stuck in my palms, and my knees got almost as bruised up as my ankles, but I finally managed to make it into the house.

We weren't sure how they were going to load me into the car to get to the hospital, so I figured I'd sleep on it, and see if my ankles felt better in the morning. Morning came, and no relief came. My step grandma and step great grandma, step sister, brother, and regular grandparents came over and made it clear that I was kind of a moron to have not gone to the hospital the previous night.

With a lot of difficulty, everyone helped me into my brother's car, and I went to the emergency room. They took some painful X-rays there, and a really hot doctor told me I had broken my left ankle in two places, and sprained the right one. So now I'm in a cast, and my church lent me a wheel chair until I can use the crutches the doctor had given me.

So, I'm going to be in a cast for two months. I'll leave now, and simply say, "OOWWWWWWWWWW!" because I've gotta get back to my grandma's house. Bye!

--Holly Rachael :-O

No comments: