Monday, October 7, 2002

A Walk to Remember and a Drive to Forget

Last week was quite the eventful one, yet I didn't get to write about it due to the ever-so "convenient" fact that my dad grounded me from the computer. *Shakes fist at him* Oh well, I shall write now, while Father Dearest is at work. *Cackles evilly*

Wednesday, of course, was good ol' theatre practice. It wasn't nearly as much fun as it usually is because it was Role-Assigning For the Elvis Monolouges Day. So there was no pantomiming or improv. That was okay, though, because now I know who I'm playing!

I play this disgruntled, sarcastic 58-year-old woman named Tiny Pickins. Laurie told us we could edit our scripts if we wanted to. My character tends to talk like a drunken sailor, and my mom doesn't approve of swearing... and neither do my grandparents, cousins, aunt, uncle or even me, come to think of it. So Zach said, "When the script says 'sh*t', you could put in a funny word." I agreed to this lovely idea, and my script is now full of words such as "bullplop". Heheh... bullplop.

Thursday morning, I was ridiculously tired, and the last thing I felt like doing was going to school. But am I ever glad I did. *Grins* I was wearing my shirt that says, "Think you can be a meat-eating environmentalist? Think again. Give a damn-- go vegetarian!" I was sitting in intro to theatre, waiting for Mr. "Always 20-Minutes Late" Chapel, when I felt someone's presence in front of my desk. I looked up from my Gameboy and was suddenly face-to-face with none other than... *echo effect* .:::THE HOT VEGAN DUDE:::. He said, "So you're a hardcore animal rights supporter then?" When I said "Yeah," he gave me a high five, said, "You're awesome" and went back to his seat. *Is ecstatic*

When the class ended, I began my walk to the Prahl Center, and was super-happy to see the Hot Vegan Dude walking in front of me... but I was much less happy to see that he was walking with the attractive blonde chick that Mr. Chapel seems to have a crush on. By some miracle, though, the Hot Vegan Dude glanced at me, said goodbye to the attractive blonde chick, and began walking with... *gasp* me. He said, "Hello, there! I wanted to get your name." Once I told him, he introduced himself as Dave and shook my hand. As we ventured toward the Prahl Center, we talked about animal rights and what made us decide to go vegetarian. We stood and talked until he had to get to class, and in the ten minutes that I talked to him, I've come to this decision: Dave is perfect.

Friday was much less fun, but it was definitely eventful as all get-out. My mom came home from work that morning to see cop cars surrounding my step brother's truck. Apparently, Thursday night, Bill (my step brother) and his friend got absurdely drunk, then Bill drove the both of them straight into the strip club Deja Vu. Yes, into the side of the building. After using their fake I.D.s to get into the Deja Vu, Bill and his friend got back into the truck, and then Bill drove the truck straight into the side of the gas station. He did serious damage to both the Deja Vu and the gas station. Then the cops caught Bill and his friend, and thew 'em in jail.

Bill had to spend a little over 24-hours in jail due to the fact that he was legally drunk all that time. Since he was driving drunk at the age of 19, did serious damage to two buildings, used a fake I.D. to get into a strip club & was driving without a license (he had it revoked 4 months ago), he's in deep trouble. He'll have his arraignment soon, and then we'll see how long he's going to be in jail.

Whew! I think that's all that's happened. So... later!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: