Thursday, October 24, 2002

An Outing With the Theatre Folk

*Looks up from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets* Oh, hello! I just got back from Target with my mommy and grandma. Mom bought me a pumpkin so I can do all kinds of fun Halloweenie things with it, and she also got me some Virtual Eyes shadow. It's pretty. *Marvels at it* Ah yes, and Mom also bought me a magazine that's full of lovely Harry Potter stuff, and Grandma got me the big pack of Crayola Crayons. I amazed Grandma with my ability to name all the crayons before they came out of the box. One day, I'll be rich for that very special talent...

Yesterday was, of course, wondermous as usual. T'was Wednesday, and therefore, I had theatre practice. I didn't get to wow the class with my incredible fake-crying abilities this week, but that was okay because Morgan finally got to act out her part for us. She plays a slutty, obsessed-with-Elvis mechanic named Angel who performs table dances. *Applauds her*

When the class was nearing its end, Kyle suggested that we all go out for pizza, but only a few of us wanted to. Zach came to pick me up from school, but he didn't want to go out to eat with my theatre friends, so he went home, and I rode to John's Pizzeria with Kyle and Leah. It seems that most of my theatre pals are chain-smokers who are deaf. In the course of the 10-minute drive to the restaurant, I think it's safe to say that Leah and Kyle smoked about 3 cigarretes each while Kyle blared the Bloodhound Gang at a volume usually reserved for I-MAX theaters. Leah and I learned that Kyle has a very different rule about riding in his truck. He showed us a stuffed Pillsburry Dough Boy covered in spots, and informed us that each person who rides in his truck must put a new dot on the Dough Boy. I thought that was rather cute.

Walking into the restaurant, I realized that Morgan and Larry seemed awfully close, and that Kyle and Leah were flirting mercilessly with each other. I began to feel kind of uncomfortable... it seemed like I was intruding on a double-date. So I was really relieved to see that Don and Jim had arrived before us. I sat on the side of the booth with Don so the chain smokers could all sit together, and we discussed why neither of us smoke.
My Reasoning:
I rather enjoy life, and smoking causes cancer.
Don's Reasoning:
The first time he tried smoking, he accidentally set his workplace on fire.
Suddenly, everyone's attention was on Morgan and Larry who had begun kissing. "Are you guys going out?!" I blurted. When they said yes, I started shrieking like a 13-year-old girl at an 'N Sync concert, rambling on and on about how cute I thought it was that they met in theatre practice, and soon became a serious item! Everyone suddenly jumped into their own stories of how they met their current boi/girl. I wished I had a story to tell... *Sigh*

Larry gave me a ride home. It seems that Larry is even more deaf than Kyle. He played his music so loud, I couldn't hear myself think, and he, like Kyle, is an in-car smoker. While my asthma was acting up and a migrane was forcing itself into my brain, Larry decided to discuss the fact that his dad died a couple of years ago. I felt a bit disrespectful, yelling, "I'M SORRY ABOUT YOUR DAD!" over the racket White Zombie was making, but what could I do? I highly appreciate Larry and Kyle driving me all over, but I have come to the conclusion that I definitely need to get my license soon so I won't have to breathe all that smoke again any time soon, and so I can keep my eardrums unpunctured. Sheesh, and my family thinks I play my music loud!

Oh yes, I feel that I should probably mention this... I just got the mail and it seems that I got my high school equivalency certificate. In other words, I GOT MY G.E.D.! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Alrighty, laaaaaaaaater.

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: