Monday, October 21, 2002

In 25 Days, the Chamber of Secrets Will Be Opened

*Hyperventilates* 25 days! I wonder if I should leave for the theater now so I can get a good parking spot. I'll need to buy my popcorn at least 5 hours prior to the first showing of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets... I might have to knock a few 8-year-olds out of the way to make sure I get a good seat, too. When I went to see Abandon the other day (it sucked quite badly, by the way), I noticed that they have these huuuuuge Harry Potter posters hanging up in the lobby! The movie theater doesn't know it yet, but those posters will be mine. Oh yes. They will be mine.

I know it's hard to believe, but I actually have bigger things going on in my life than my plot to steal the Harry Potter movie posters from Showcase West. *Hears everyone gasp* My step dad has no job and my mom only makes enough money to pay for groceries, gas and other necessities. Well, the guy they're buying the house from decided that if Mike doesn't pay the 3 bills that are due, he's getting a friendly little eviction notice. This is not really a problem for me or my mom, as I primarily live with my dad anyway, and Mom is welcome to move back in with my grandparents any time she wants.

However, this is quite a major problem for Mike and Carrie. The other night, while I was at Mom's house, Carrie came home and announced that she would like to move in with her mom. Now, the reason Mike and his ex-wife got divorced was that Alice (Carrie and Bill's mom) smoked pot. Carrie insists that she doesn't do that anymore, and wants to move in with her mom so she doesn't have to worry about being evicted. Mike thinks he can forbid her to do that. He was screaming at Carrie all... night... long.

Mom and I both agreed that Carrie was in the right. If she wants to move in with her mom, she can. She's 18! Plus, who can blame her for wanting to live without the worry of being evicted? Mike was pretty dang upset that neither Mom nor I told Carrie she shouldn't move in with her mom, so then he started screaming at us. When he began yelling at Mom, I freaked out and started yelling at him, defending my mom. When he got mad that I was mad, that's when Mom told him, "Mike, if you don't have the money to pay the bills in 15 days, I'm leaving and going to my parents' house. I don't care where you go." I think he may finally be worried that it's very possible that he could lose my mom, the best thing to ever happen to him.

During all of the arguing and yelling, Carrie started crying hysterically, and ended up getting so sick that she ran to the bathroom and puked for like, 15 minutes. And get this: Mike never apologized to her. I think the main thing that got her so upset was when Mike told her she'd never amount to anything if she moved in with her mom. He was being such an A-hole, and he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Welllllll... I'm going to enjoy the rest of my computer time while I can. *Hugs and handshakes for all*

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: