Monday, August 20, 2001

Crap, crap, crap, crap, CRAP!!!!!!

Gah! I'm so stressed out right now, I can hardly believe it. I woke up this morning and my dad was gone, so when my mom called, we decided to go dress shopping for the wedding while Dad was wherever he was.

We went to David's Bridal, a beautiful, very elegant store. We bought a pink dress for me, and the same dress in yellow for Carrie. Mom is wearing an ice blue wedding dress, so it'll be like, a rainbow effect. We'd already ordered this gorgeous Australian crystal jewelery, and they just ordered the perfect wedding cake.

Well, we went back to my grandma Shoup's house for dinner, and while we were eating, Mike called and asked my mom, "Um... Wendy? How would you feel if someone were pretty late to the wedding?" Carrie is a cheerleader, and it turns out she has her first football game of the season scheduled for the night of the wedding! Carrie was sitting there crying because we didn't even think to ask her if she had plans for that day. We made sure Zach had the night of the wedding off of work, and we made sure Billy could come, but we forgot to check with Carrie!

We all feel really terrible about it. We've already sent out all of the wedding invitations, but we can't have the wedding without Carrie! She's Mike's *daughter* and we really want her there, and in the wedding! So we have to move the wedding to Friday, which means I'll have to call everyone on the guest list and ask them to come on Friday instead of Thursday.

Then Sarah called and was like, "Um, Holly? Can you do me a big favor? Can you ask someone to pick me up so I can spend the night with you tonight?" Her dad was drunk, so she didn't want to be there while he was. But my dad said she couldn't stay at his house, and my grandparents said they were scared to go to her house while her drunk father was there, especially at night time. And my mom had to get home to comfort Carrie and everything. I felt so terrible calling Sarah back and telling her no one could come and pick her up.

Oh man. What a day. I am stressed to the max just thinking about how stressed everyone else must be! Well... hopefully things will be better tomorrow. Later.

--Holly

No comments: