Thursday, August 2, 2001

Am I 17 or 71?

Uh... what's my age again? I checked my birth certificate... I was apparently born in '84. I checked with my parents... they said I'm 17. But I don't get it. I act like an old woman. Here are the following signs that I'm really a 71 year old in an overweight 17-year-old's body.

1. I don't like swearing. I simply can't understand why people swear. It sounds to me like they have quite the lack of vocabulary.

2. I watch football and say, "Those boys must have so many bruises. Oooh! Is he okay?!"

3. I'm very opposed to drugs (counting alcohol). They warn us in health class and D.A.R.E. about the dangers of drugs. But then kids do it anyway!

4. I'd much rather watch The Little Mermaid than Road Trip.

5. I hear stuff like Korn and Eminem and say, "You call this music?! It's just noise!"

6. I've often pulled so much hair out of my brush, I used to think I was going bald.

7. Madanna? She's not someone to idolize! What about that nice man, Fred Rogers? Now there's a role model!

8. I sometimes catch myself watching QVC and infomercials.

9. I think Barbara Walters is one of the coolest television personalities on the air.

10. I say things like "Yes, my dear!" and "Splendid!"


Isn't there something a bit peculiar about me? My eighteenth birthday will be this winter! I must be getting old!

--Holly :-D

No comments: