Friday, December 22, 2000

Most Meaningful Somethin' Er Other...

Welp, the theme says to write about the most meaningful thing I've ever given anyone.

I don't know how meaningful it is, but my mom is friends with this woman named Sally who has this heart disease, and she's had all these cool angel experiences, and stuff. Sally has a little girl named Brianne, who is five years old, and Sally could only afford to get Brianne one Christmas gift.

A sweet five-year-old little girl who believes in Santa with only one Christmas gift. What's wrong with this picture? Oh, let's see... everything? When I was five years old, I got about 70 Christmas presents! This little girl wouldn't even get a *stocking*, for God's sake!

The other night I was thinking about this situation, and thought something had to be done about it. I gathered up all the toys I could find that were just sitting there in the corners of my room from past Christmases, most of them never even touched more than once. They all looked brand new, still with their tags attatched, and everything. I filled up a bag full of those TY Beanie Baby things I used to feel the need to collect and not play with, stuffed animals I probably forgot about right after Christmas, purses, brand new packs of lip glosses, childrens books, and such.

I don't know if any of that stuff is Brianne's kind of thing, but let's hope so, and let's hope she thinks it's from Santa Claus. I believed in him till I was 11. That's just five years ago, and I remember how fun it was to play with all those new toys on Christmas morning. I hope Brianne's likes her presents from "Santa." :-)

No comments: