Saturday, December 16, 2000

Mommy-Bear and Sarah-Bear

The person I call my best friend is Sarah Mathews, a chick
who's been my pal since 8th grade. The two of us have a
lot of fun arguing about which member of 'N Sync is the
hottest, and correcting each other's punctuation in the
stories we write.

Sarah's like a part of my family. She's my brother, Zach's
girlfriend, like a daughter to my mom, and, of course, my
partner in crime. She's the only real friend I've ever
had, and I wouldn't be the same without her. And so, I
raise my glass of Mountain Dew to my future sister-in-law.
Hurray for Sarah!

My mom is my best friend, too, but we have a deeper
relationship than the word "friend" can sum up. Mom is
actually more like my soulmate. For as long as I can
remember, she and I have had everything in common. From
the time I was a baby until now, we've watched General
Hospital together, laughed together, and chilled together.
There's really no one I'd rather hang out with more. My
favorite thing in the world is riding along in the car with
my mom, singing along with stuff like Amy Grant (our idol),
the Backstreet Boys, and Blessid Union of Souls.

My mom's had so many guy problems in her life, and I try to
help her through them the best I can. For instance, when
she was getting divorced from my dad, I gave her neck rubs
before she went to sleep. She does the same for me, 'cept
I don't have guys, therefore I don't have guy problems!
Like, when I had mono, she stayed with me every second of
the day, comforting me. She's waited on my family my whole
life, without *any* complaints.

Mom and I are together in everything-- our animal rights
beliefs, our faith in Christ, our excellent taste in
everything (tee hee!), our hatred for breast implants, and
every other detail of life. I have no idea how I would
live my life without her. I'd probably be some weird
szchitsophenic shut-in. Good thing Mom's around. YAY FOR
MOMMY! WOO HOO!

No comments: