Friday, September 20, 2002

We're Not Lost, We Just Don't Know Where We Ar

Wednesday was a very fun-filled day, since I went to my wondermously insane class, theater practice! Laurie, the professor, had us all talk about what we'd been up to since the previous Wednesday. Since you FODers don't have a clue what's been going on with me for a while either, I'll fill ya in...

My dad and I studied for the math portion of my G.E.D. test that I was going to take on Friday morning-- all... week... long. Needless to say, it was a very monotonous few days. Occasionally, I would begin to understand some of the math problems Dad was trying to teach me. However, when I didn't understand a problem, he would freak out and start yelling at me about how easy this stuff was. I should be in the Guiness Book of World Records under "Most Emotional Person of All Time" because every time my dad yells at me, I cry. And that's quite often.

The only time I got to do something that wasn't math was when my dad was sleeping. Whoa, I was so stressed out after all that math, I was so glad to find the super-mega-awesome Harry/Hermione fan fic, The Tango is for Two by Vanilla PuF. Good stuff there, Sadora, good stuff!

Anyhoo, I finally made it to theater class where I learned that, in the past week, Don managed to lock himself outside of his girlfriend's apartment in his underwear. *Points at Don* Ha-ha! Then Laurie had us do some more pant-a-mime stuff. We were told to pretend that we were in a store, using the bathroom, when we find that we're stuck in the bathroom stall; the lock's broken. Suddenly, we hear someone announce that the store will be closing in five minutes. I... er, "pretended" to take my pants off and climb out of the stall with them while Morgan pretended to flush herself down the toilet to get out, and Leah used an imaginary hair pin to pick the lock on her stall. It was jolly good fun. *Nods*

Then it was time for improv, which is much better than pant-a-miming, because there's talking involved and... well, it's rather hard to act without talking. Two people would sit in the middle of the stage and act like they were at a bus stop. The objective of the activity was to get the other person out of the "bench" while waiting for the bus, but we couldn't actually say, "Get off the frickin' bench!" Laurie pretended to have lice and scared Kyle out of the seat, I decided to be an obese chick who showered Laurie in crumbs from my "donuts", and then Regina took on the role of a hooker who scared me away.

Some of the better performances were put on by Kyle who acted like he had narcolepsy, and fell asleep on Don's lap, Jason, who pretended to be a flaming homosexual, Chris, who appeared to be some sort of psycho that wanted to lick up Jason's sweat, and Leah, who took on her friend's funny and crazy Jewish aunt's personality. Thoroughly hilarous stuff there. Fun was had by all. Oh yes, and Laurie informed us that we will either be putting on a play called The Laramy Project, or one called The Elvis Monologues. I hope we don't do The Laramy Project because I saw that on Hate Crimes on MTV and... well, it gave me nightmares for months, let's just say that.

Yesterday, Mom, Mike and I headed out to the Amy Grant concert in Plymoth, but first Mike decided to drive us way out of our way so he could take pictures of the baseball field at Central Michigan University, for some reason. Well, then this hot dude gave us bogus directions, and we got really lost. After like, four freaking hours, we finally made it to the big church where Amy was performing. She was awesome, as usual, and her adorable, tiny toddler, Korina came out on stage to dance around in these cute little fairy wings. Aww... It was bloody brilliant!

Finally, this morning, I took the math portion of my G.E.D. test. I think I did okay, and I really hope I passed. And I prayed for you, MariAnn! I know you took your test yesterday; let me know how ya did! Okay, my work is done here! *Salutes*

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: