Thursday, September 5, 2002

I'm Not a Liar, I'm an Actress!

I like theater. The people there are like me! People always thought I was weird for quoting lines from my various movie obsessions. But these people do it too! 'Tis a wondermous class, theater practice. The class is every Wednesday night from 7:00 till 8:55, and I must say, Wednesday is my new favorite day of the week!

Our teacher last night was not our actual teacher. A woman named Linda was filling in for her friend, Laurie, who is the real instructor of the class. Nevertheless, we all had lots of fun. Our class of about 12 people arranged our desks into a circle to play a name game. These people were all so uniquely cool, yet everyone was friendly, and we all got along great. We had to say our name and then something that we like that starts with the same letter as our name.

Morgan likes music, but I'll remember her by her blue hair. Regina likes the ring (as in boxing), but I know her as the lady with 5 kids. Kyle likes knocking down fires, and I'll remember him as the class hottie. Leah likes Lifesavers, but it's much easier to think of her as the cool "punk girl". Jason likes jellybeans, but everyone knows him as "the tourist dude" because he always wears a Hawaiian shirt and a big hat. Then, some people, I will remember by what they like. Patrick likes picnics, Larry likes life, Don likes donuts, Monica likes modern music, Sandi likes suckers and Jim (a really fun 60-year-old guy) likes jovialness. And I, of course, am known as Holly, who likes Harry Potter. *Beams*

After the name game, Linda (who, by the way, likes liver, heh) partnered us up, and had us tell our biggest lie ever. I was partnered with Monica, an adorable short, giggly girl who looks like a prep, but isn't. Her lie was like, the most innocent one I've ever heard! She's such a good kid. I told her about how I skipped school because I was afraid of the teachers and students in high school, and how I forged my teachers' signatures so my dad would think I went to school.

Then we had to tell our partner's lie to the whole class. When Monica told my lie, everyone looked at me, seemingly schocked an appalled, but they were all kidding. Some of the lies were really bad, but I'm not going to repeat any of them. It feels like a big bunch of secrets that we all know about each other, and it seems like it would ruin the fun of it if I told other people about the lies.

When everyone's deepest, darkest lies had been revealed (except for Jason's... he claimed he's never done anything wrong, so he's never lied), Linda told us why we revealed these lies. She said lying is a part of acting. You can't be an actor without lying! I thought that was so cool, because that's what I've always said! I once tried to write a short story about a character loosely based on myself called "I'm Not a Liar, I'm an Actress!"

Linda informed us that we're all going to be in a play together in November, but she won't tell us what it is! She feels that that's up to Laurie, our regular instructor. Soooo... I'm on pins and needles waiting to see what play we're going to put on!

Oh yes, one more thing. I forgot to write in here, on Tuesday, about my mole removal. I had a couple of moles that my doctor thought looked rather iffy, so she and a medical student removed them on Tuesday afternoon. Dr. Veliz said I was the first patient she'd ever had that wanted to watch the procedure. I felt so special! *Rewards self with lurvely silver star sticker* She made some pretty deep incisions, so I have seven stitches, altogether, on my right arm. The major plus to this: Getting to wear Harry Potter band-aids!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: