Sunday, September 1, 2002

This Lettuce is ROTTON!

Heh. That commercial's funny. Well, guess what I did last night? I was getting in the shower, but on the way in, I banged my toe really hard on the side of the tub. I refrained from shouting numerous obscenities, but just barely. I went ahead and took my shower, depite the fact that my toe felt like it was on fire. When I got out of the shower, and was putting on my PJs, I noticed that my toenail had a crack right through the middle of it, and that my whole toe was bleeding quite badly.

Once I had my PJs on, I went to the family room to tell my dad about my toe. The toenail was still hanging on the skin by like | | this much. It really hurt, and Dad said it would feel better if we got the pressure of the remaining nail off of my toe. He suggested heating up a paper clip with a lighter, then drilling through the toenail. Being the undeniable wuss that I am, I called my mom and grandma to see if they had any other solutions that didn't sound quite so painful. They didn't.

After racking my brain for a less painful idea, I finally let my dad try his hot paperclip trick. He heated the paperclip with a lighter for like, 2 minutes. I was like, "Whoa, that looks like it could really burn me if it touched my skin," but my dad said he would make sure it didn't touch my skin, and promised that it wouldn't hurt at all.

He was wrong. He pushed the paperclip against my nail for what seemed like forever, with me wincing for all I was worth, then I made him stop. All he'd managed to do was burn a tiny hole in my toenail, and now it hurt even more than it had in the beginning. So, I popped Orange County (my 5th favorite movie) in the DVD player, and tried to get my mind off of my toenail. It worked for a while, but by the time Jack Black had said, "She was like, 'I hate my job, I'm gonna burn this mother down!'", I was in way too much pain. I had my dad get me the nail clippers, and I went through a very slow, agonizing ordeal as I ever-so-carefully cut the remainder of my nail off.

Ouch. Oh yes, and today, Dad and I went to see this movie called The Good Girl with Jennifer Aniston. It sucked, don't go to see it! It was about as bad as the frickin' Talented Mr. Ripley! And that's very bad. *Hugs all around*

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: