Friday, August 2, 2002

He's Okay, He Landed on the Paint Can!

Wellll, wasn't today just a little bundle of excitement. This afternoon, my dad announced that he was going outside to paint the trim on the house, like he's been doing every day for the past 3 weeks. So, I was in my room, making my bed when all of a sudden, I hear "THUD, CRACK!" followed quickly by "Owwwww!"

Of course, I figured the Friendly Neighborhood Stalker had fallen out of the tree in the front yard, and landed on his binoculers. You can imagine my surprise when my brother and I rushed out of the house to find my dad, the ladder, a lot of paint, and a crushed paint can, on the ground, but no stalker in sight.

Apparently, Dad had been on the ladder, painting the house when the ladder decided to collapse. Flailing his arms (and knocking the paint can to the ground), he fell onto the paint can and crushed it. And just his luck, he happened to fall right where he'd gotten surgery on his back in '99. It's been sore ever since 1999, but now it's really sore. Plus, he got the wind knocked out of him when he fell. On top of all that, when I ran out to help Dad, I accidentally stepped in a lot of paint, and ruined my favorite flip-flops. *Tear*

For some "manly" reason, my dad didn't want to go to emergency, the doctor's office, or any place else where he could get the medical attention he probably badly needed. So, what'd we do instead of taking Dad to emergency? That's right! We went to the movies and saw Men in Black II.

Last night, Dad and I went to the drive-in to see Spider-man on the big-screen one more time, along with Stuart Little 2. Awwww, that little mouse is so cute! Oh, and the bird who stole stuff? She was such an adorable little clepto, wasn't she? Aw. We wanted to take Zach along, but he said he was tired and stayed home, so we ate the Reeses Pieces we'd bought for him, and today I feel sick, and am no longer fond of candy.

Well, I'm gonna go, play on that faulty ladder! Ta!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: