Sunday, December 16, 2001

Hey, look, snow! Oh, wait... it's gone

Time: 1:19 P.M.
Song in my head: "Bent" by Matchbox Twenty.
I last ate: Reeses Peanut Butter Cereal for breakfast.
I'm wearing: My long-sleeved two-tone purple shirt and jeans.
________________________________________________________

Friday was a very mixed up day. The only thought that got me out of bed was, "The Amy Grant concert is tonight." But I was late for school. Then this girl, Amber, that I always talk to in my second hour, said that her step-dad had tried to kill himself the previous night, and she was on the verge of tears all hour, and unable to do her work. I felt terrible for her, but I didn't know what to say. Luckily, a funny guy named Chris always sits with us, too, and joked with her a bit, and I think that cheered her up a little.

The rest of the school day was pretty uneventful until 7th hour when somebody shouted, "Look! It's snowing out!" And it was! Huge snowflakes were coming down, and sticking to the ground! I was so thrilled, thinking we might actually have snow for Christmas. But the snow was that freezing, rainy kind, so it made for awful driving conditions. And of course, we had to drive all the way back to Flint to get my money and binoculars from my dad, then all the way to Auburn Hills. There were so many accidents everywhere, it was unbelievable. We were going like, 45 on the express way.

My mom and I had a lot of trouble finding The Palace of Auburn Hills, as we usually do. Finally I spotted it (yes, me! I never notice *anything*), and we went in to the concert. It was a great Christmas concert this year; Amy gave an awesome speech. She said, "I was talking to a friend of mine who's an artist. I asked her what her favorite color was, and she said, 'Amy, out of all the colors, I'd have to say black is my favorite.' I personally didn't think black really even classified as a color, but she had a very cool reason for black being her favorite color. She said, 'Life is full of bright colors, and they're what get you through. But without black, the colors are just... there. Black provides the depth of a picture, makes it beautiful. And life needs depth. Otherwise, it'd just be a bunch of random colors thrown together." I thought that was *really* cool. The only thing the concert lacked was Michael W. Smith, who's always been there before.

When we hit the road to head back to Flint, we hit quite a snag... I-75, our way home, had been *closed*! I guess they had a really bad weather-related accident. Mom and I got totally lost, and ended up in Port Huron, which is really far away from here. We stopped at numerous 7-11s, but the cashiers either gave us bad directions, or didn't have a *clue* how to get to Flint. The cell phone was convienently dead, but we finally found a pay phone, and called my grandma and grandpa. Oh man, it was like, 2:30 A.M. before we finally got home, and the concert ended at 11:00! We didn't get to bed until 4:30, and we were exhausted.

So, what a weird day Friday was.

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: