Saturday, September 23, 2000

AH! Clinton Shook My Hand!

I heard a couple of weeks ago that Bill Clinton would be coming to Flint, MI (my home town here), but I only found out the day before it happened that he was coming to my school!

I go to Mott Middle College (the high school in Mott Community College) and Clinton came here to unvail some new technology that's now available to the disabled. My friends, Molly and Angie and I stood outside, plus I met up with my brother's friend, Tim there, and we waited three hours after school got out to meet Clinton. It was freezing cold, and I didn't know we'd have to go outside to do it, so I didn't wear a coat! I was standing out there in a T-shirt in the freezing cold. Brrrr... I didn't even care about meeting Clinton anymore after half an hour of standing in *that* weather.

Those secret service agents were jerks. They wouldn't let us take our backpacks with us, or anything. I thought my Discman would have been stolen! And dang, Clinton shakes too hard! Ouch! My hand hurt for about an hour... It made me kind of mad that it didn't matter if we wanted to meet Clinton or not, we were just *going* to. My teacher, Mrs. Sperlich took pictures of everyone shaking hands with him, but she said her camera sounded funny after she took 'em, so she doesn't know if they came out! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Anyway, so, that was pretty cool. Except for the freezing cold part...

No comments: