Monday, August 21, 2000

No More Amour!

Ugh! I'm *so* sick of seeing couples everywhere I go! And why must I always put up with them in my own home?!

Zach (my brother) and Sarah (my best friend) are like... glued to each other. If I happen to be sitting on the love seat, Zach says, "Hey, Holly, how 'bout moving so Sarah can sit here with me?" I know Sarah tries to include me in the fun they're having, but it actually makes me very lonely to look at them.

Bobby (my brother's best friend) and Tracey (Bobby's girlfriend) are always double-dating with Sarah and Zach, and Sarah gets mad and complains to me that she thinks Tracey is hitting on Zach all the time because Zach used to date Tracey. Sarah says she feels left out. Guess what? I know the feeling...

My mom divorced my dad when I was thirteen, because my dad didn't like her talking to men online, and my mom didn't like him gambling. Well, recently, my dad hooked up with a *much* younger (we're talkin' 20 years difference here) girlfriend named Karen. He's been spending almost all of his free time with her. My mom married a guy named Chuck last year, and divorced him this year because he was a jerk to me. But almost immediately after Mom filed for a divorce from Chuck, she started going to this Matchmaker site online, and going out with the guys she meets on there every day she has off of work. That really depresses me because I'm supposed to come over on her days off to spend time with her, but she's usually out with these guys.

So, my point is... I'm *so* lonely! Just glancing at couples makes me want to cry. A few weeks ago, I asked Sarah if she thought I'd be one of those middle-aged people with graying hair, still without a boyfriend. She told me I need to lower my standards, and that's the only way I'll ever get a boyfriend. But you know what? If I have to lower my standards, I'm not sure any guy is worth it... All I ask is, the guy doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs, or hunt. Is that so much to ask?!

No comments: