Sunday, August 27, 2000

I Left Las Vegas, but not for Good

It might be... it could be... it is! After-hour sparks with "Hhhhholy" Hhhhhholly. Ugh, been listening to too much Bob & Tom! Lousy Harry Carey...

Anyway, check *this* out! My mom fell for Mike so hard (and vice-versa), my mom actually might move out to Vegas, because Mike has a business out there, and all she has here is a job at Target... and um, oh yeah, a family.

See, I love Las Vegas. As a matter of fact, I'm currently writing a story called "Ideal Identity" in which my guardian angel decides that my life is just too boring, and moves me out to Vegas. However, I never really thought about the possibility of *actually* living there. Now, I go there every year, but Flint, MI is actually my home. Vegas is just... my vacation spot, you know? But right now, I alternate between my dad's house, and my mom's house. But if my mom moves out to Vegas, how easy is that going to be?!

Mom asked me to think about the possibility that she could be moving out there, and even marrying Mike at the Flamingo Hilton. Here are the reasons I'm confused about what to do...

1. Flint is my home. I was born here, I grew up here, and I figured I would die here.
2. My entire family lives here!
3. I hate flying... *especially* alone! I've never done that, but I'd be sitting there, hyperventalating.
4. Zach is so mad at my mom for even considering this right now. He's telling her she's abandoning him and everything... but you know, the kid's going to be 19 years old in two days!
5. If I chose to stay in Michigan, and only *visit* my mom, I would miss her so much. She's not just my mom. She's my best friend, you know? We have *everything* in common, and I just couldn't live without her.
6. If I chose to stay in Nevada, and only *visit* my dad, I would miss him, the rest of my family, and my home a whole lot.
7. My friend, Sarah would kill me before I could even consider leaving.

So... what do I do? Anyone gone through a situation like this before?! PLEASE?!

--Desperate Holly :-0

No comments: