Friday, January 4, 2002

The Up-side of Being Sick: Care Packages

Time: 10:40 P.M.
Song in my head: "Standing Still" by Jewel.
I last ate: A really spicy candy cane that I had to spit back out because it was too hot.
I'm wearing: The lovely floral pajamas Mom got me for Christmas.
_________________________________________________________

I don't know what the deal is. I've basically had the same cold for like... three weeks! Sometimes at night, I'll start to believe the cold has left me. But then I wake up in the morning... AND IT'S STILL HERE! AAAAAARGH! It *really sucks*! And no matter how much I dislike going to school, I've got to! I mean, I've gotta get out of high school before I'm FIFTY! GAH!

*Has panick attack followed by sneezing attack, then gradually calms down*. It's not all bad, though. I mean, everybody's really been pitching in to take care of me while I'm sick. My whole family has been pretty much waiting on me hand and foot. And check this out... Tomorrow, my grandma and grandpa Z. are headed to Florida for their annual winter vacation. Well, they heard I was sick, so before they left, Grandpa came over and dropped off a huge box of my favorite popcorn and a care package filled with the best candy, like the Tropical kind of Skittles and mini-M&Ms. It's awesome! So everybody's being really sweet.

Oh man, my dad and I went to see Lord of the Rings the other day. For one thing, I was *so* sorry I didn't go to the bathroom beforehand. And for another thing, I found the movie extremely boring. My dad really liked it, the people sitting near us were all raving about it, and I hadn't talked to anyone who didn't like it... but I was bored out of my mind. *Shrugs*. Ah, I'm probably just not smart enough to understand it. But I don't know what that critic guy was thinking when he said, "Oh, Lord of the Rings beats the crap outta Harry Potter." What a nut-ball. I hope to one day overpower him as a film critic, and insult *his* addiction! HAHAHA! I'll show him!



Okay, see ya!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: