Wednesday, January 30, 2002

Life After Daria

Time: 12:15
I'm wearing: My pink turtleneck sweater and tie-up jeans.
I last ate: Baked potatoes and vegetarian baked beans for dinner.
Song that's in my head: "Blurry" by Puddle of Mudd.
_________________________________________________________

Well, the last Daria movie, "Is It College Yet?" was on last Monday, and it was awesome. Daria graduated and got accepted to her second choice college, which was in Boston, the same town as the art college Jane would be going to. Trent was upset about Jane leaving home, but she assured him that he could visit her in Boston. Daria broke up with Tom, but they're still going to be friends. But dude... check it out. Daria's going to college in Boston... Trent's going to visit Jane in Boston... Daria's an adult now... I'm going to make up my own ending and say Daria and Trent are going to hook up in Boston.

Ever since I first became obsessed with Daria in eighth grade, people have been asking me what I'm going to do when the show ends. They would say, "You're not going to kill yourself when Daria gets cancelled, are you?" *Shakes head*. Those people are just silly. They don't realize I always have a backup obsession. Thank God for Harry Potter! J/K, of course.

I've decided not to return to school after my three-week illness. Instead, I'm going to go to night classes to study the material I'll need to take the GED test. *Shrugs* I feel pretty guilty about all the school time I missed, but honestly, I couldn't help it. I just have too many health problems to get a normal high school education. Between my polycystic ovarian syndrome-induced stomache trouble, my really bad obsessive-compulsive disorder, my horrible restless leg syndrome, and my ridiculously weak immune system, it's impossible for me to get to school very often. Plus, we're moving back to Flint, since Mike's hockey team got stolen from him here in Bay City.

We went to an open house for this really, *REALLY* awesome house that this guy built brand new. Oh man, it's just beautiful... in the loft room, there's a balcony that you can walk out on, and... oh, the whole thing is just gorgeous. And it's only $95,000! But we can't afford that house, so we're going to be stuck with a fairly cool one for $65,000. My step-siblings are going to move in with us, too because Carrie says her mom is acting psycho, and she needs to get out of that house. And Billy doesn't feel right living with his grandma, so that's cool that they're going to live with us. I really like those two. My brother, Zach, should be visiting more often now that we're going to be back in Flint, too, so that's rockin'.

Besides the night classes I'll be taking to study for my GED (Good Enough Diploma, as Chris Rock would say), I'm also going to need to get a job. I'll be 18 on February 28th, which means I'll be off my Dad's GM insurance, so I've gotta work somewhere that'll get me insurance as well as a pay check. I think I'll apply at TCBY, 'cause I'm already there every day. :-)

Alrighty, well, I'm gonna go, listen to Bush's speech. Bush is the man. I think he's pretty hot for an older guy, too... that Laura Bush is a lucky lady. What a dude. Okay, see ya!

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: