Friday, January 11, 2002

On the Brink of Pneumonia

Time: 9:15 P.M.
Song in my head: The Best Buy song. You know, "Turn on the fun, Best Buy."
I last ate: Breadsticks and marinara sauce at Mario's.
I'm wearing: My "It's All About the Pentiums" Weird Al shirt and tie-dyed jeans.
________________________________________________________

I'm reminded of the computer game, Oregon Trail. You know when your party members keep getting sicker and sicker. It'll be like, "Bob has got the flu." So you choose to rest for about 5 days, and increase the rations, to nurse Bob back to health. But then it'll say, "Bob has got diptheria." So you rest a few more days. "Bob has got anthrax." Uh-oh, we'd better keep resting and increasing rations! "Bob has died." Um... okay.

Well, I feel like I'm on the Oregon Trail. I've been pretty dang sick for about a month now. About two weeks ago, I went to the doctor, and they told me I had a cold. So they gave me antibiotics and said I should increase my liquids. Well, I took the antibiotics and drank a lot of Juicy Juice. When I didn't get any better, I went back to the doctor's on Tuesday. He told me, "Holly, you vould be suvvering vrom a severe case of bronchitis. Vou are... how you say, on ze brink of pneumonia." Well, crap.

I'm taking stronger antibiotics (four times a day for two weeks), and I'm not supposed to go to school because of my constant fever. So that sucks. I've been at home all week, reading Harry Potter fan fiction and watching soaps. As hot as I think Raif on Port Charles is, I feel sluggish. I WANT TO GET OUT! GOOD LORD, LET ME *OUT*!

Oh well. I guess I'm going to go, watch some DVDs and veg out in the family room. Later.

--Holly *cough, cough* Rachael

No comments: