Thursday, January 10, 2002

Holly Goes to the Hospital

Time: 4:45 P.M.
Song in my head: Nothing... it's just... blank.
I last ate: A couple of chips with some salsa... the most daring thing I've eaten in the last few days.
I'm wearing: My pajamas.
_________________________________________________________

Last weekend, I was getting over my bronchitis very well, and was planning on going to school Monday morning when, all of a sudden... I got a bladder infection. I left the doctor feeling extremely violated on Tuesday morning. So, no school Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday due to a horrible bladder infection.

Wednesday afternoon, Zach brought his ex-girlfriend, Tracey up to Bay City to hang out. We were having a good time, just lazying around, watching American Pie 2 and playing Simpsons Road Rage when I started feeling kind of sick. I decided I'd better turn in early.

I'd only been in bed for about ten or fifteen minutes when my stomach started hurting so bad, I couldn't stand it. I knocked on the wall to get my mom's attention, and soon after she got there, I started puking. Nonstop. For ten hours. With no breaks. Ugh.

I couldn't even keep Gatorade down, and I knew I must be dehydrated, so on Thursday morning, my mom and grandparents took me to a Bay City hospital. After three miserable hours of waiting, a nurse came in and hooked me up to an IV full of this anti-nausea stuff that would hydrate me and make me fall asleep. My mom said I was in the hospital for about ten hours, but I don't remember squat. They say I was all disoriented, and saying stuff that made no sense whatsoever, plus the doctor told me I was so dehydrated, he couldn't believe it.

I was sent home with some anti-nausea and potassium pills, and told to drink plenty of Gatorade, but stay away from food for as long as possible. I guess I slept all of Friday away, and when I woke up Saturday afternoon, my mom and Mike were puking, so I had to call my dad so he could come, get me, and bring me back to Flint.

I'm finally able to sit up and get on the computer! Woo hoo! That's a huge improvement for me. So, I just wanted to write and say I'm not dead! So that's good. Later.

--Holly Rachael :-} <--Half-hearted smile

No comments: