Monday, December 16, 2002

Let's All Try to Smile For the Picture

...and we'll hold it as long as we can. May it carry us through, should we ever get lonely... till the season comes 'round again."--Amy Grant's "Till the Season Comes 'Round Again"

Woo! We did it! We made it through all 3 performances! Well... at least, most of us did. But we'll get into that later.
Thursday, the first night of our play, The Elvis Monolougues, we were all extremely nervous. We got into costume and Monica did everyone's stage makeup, but everyone was eerily quiet. Finally, it was 7:50 and we all stood in a circle & held hands so Lori could give us a pep talk. She started with me, saying, "Holly has come a long way since she started theatre. She told us stories about skipping her classes because she thought her teachers and classmates looked down on her. Now she's one of our most confident actresses." She's right. The students in this class have been awesome for my self-esteem, and I love all of them for that. *Tear* When Lori had said something about all of us, Leah lead us in this prayer-- "Dear God, thanks for all these great people... and let us KICK ASS tonight! Amen." Heh, a little different, but helpful all the same. We all did really well that night, and I was thrilled to see Mom, Mike, Dad, both sets of my grandparents, Zach and his friend, Lindsay all there to see me! My dad gave me flowers. *Beams*
The second night of our performance was... *thunder and lightening effects*... Friday the 13th! None of us were very nervous because we'd already performed without a problem the night before. Regina flushed the toilet during our prayer, there weren't very many people in the audience and Larry's aunt couldn't keep her insane outbursts to herself throughout the show. Most of us forgot at least one line (that includes me) and it was clear that we'd lost our focus. However, there was one major upside to that day-- my FOD pal, 'Drea came to see the show w/ her dad and I was thrilled to meet her! 'Drea rocks! *Hugs for her*
Our last performance was Saturday, and the nervousness and focus were back! We all acted our arses off, but two people had been written our of the show that night. Regina (the pregnant woman) was in the bathroom, puking up bodily fluids until Monica's mom took her to the hospital, and Chris had to skip Saturday's show due to a bad case of laringitis. At the end of the show, we surprised Lori by calling her up on stage & giving her the flowers we'd bought her. Then most of the class went to Applebees, along w/ Mom, Mike & my grandparents. Afterwards, Mike informed me that he thinks I should marry Jason (*rolls eyes and hits Mike*) and Mom told me that Don had told her I was the class' best actress. *Blushes and denies it* Mom gave me Harry Potter merchandise, since flowers die and The Boy Who Lived never will, and my grandparents bought me a cake that says "Good show, Holly!" and gave me $10. Hurray!
We took a butt-load of pictures, but we haven't picked them up yet, so you all shall see them later! *Hugs for all*
--Holly :-D
Oh yes, and since we don't have the pictures from the play back yet, here's a picture of my lovely dog, Chyna.


No comments: