Monday, December 9, 2002

Countdown to Showtime & the Sucky Dream From Hell

*Cries incessantly* I don't like being grounded from the computer. I haven't been online for 5 days! 5 days! Forget being drawn and quartered and all those various horrible forms of torture... being grounded from the computer has got to be the worst. Oh yes, and "periodic" cramps. I've had those for these past 5 days too. *Shakes fist at no one in particular*

Oh man, I had the suckiest dream I've ever had the night before last. In the dream, my mom was still living here at Dad's house. (In reality, my parents are divorced, and I alternate between my mom's house and my dad's.) Zach and I were sitting at the computer when Dad came back from his bike ride. Oh yes, and Mom had gone for a walk. Dad grimly explained to Zach and I that the Taliban guys were out front, and that they were taking random American families to live in a concentration camp, and that we had been chosen.

At the concentration camp, Osoma Bin Laden told us we could go back home for one hour and say goodbye to whoever (I know, doesn't sound like Bin Laden, does it?). Mom was still out for a walk, but my grandma and grandpa Z. showed up and drove us around the neighborhood until we found Mom. I told her what was going on, and she said, "Oh, now that just doesn't make sense. Why would they let you come back home to tell everyone where you were going? I mean, we could alert the media!" Mom had a point, but Dad, Zach and I still had to go back to the concentration camp. There, the American prisoners were running a college course on how to break out of there. However, one of the Taliban guys caught me reading the textbook, and was about to kill me when I woke up.

When I woke up, I was thinking, Okay, how long do I have until I have to go back to the concentration camp? Eventually, I realized it had been a dream, and calmed down. Oh yeah, but I did want to point out that during the dream, I kept thinking how greatful I should be that God let me have the time that I did with my family and friends, and how I'd taken my freedom for granted all this time. When I woke up, I was kind of like Scrooge on Christmas morning (especially since my mom's house it decorated like a Winter Wonderland). I hugged Mom and all my pets and told them how thankful I was to have them. So, as scary as that dream was, it actually taught me to really count my blessings. *Nods contentedly*.

Zach, Mom, Mike and I all kicked off our holidays this past Thursday! For those of you who don't know, my mom found this lovely Christmas tradition idea in a magazine when Zach and I were little. It's called "kicking off the holidays." What you do is put presents under a big, white blanket or towel, make it look like snow, and tie ribbons to the presents that are underneath the towel. Then each person grabs their ribbon, and pulls their present out from underneath the towel. My present this year was a Make-Your-Own-Snowglobe package, and it's awesome! You put your own pics in them. And we got Mom the new Shania CD. *Beams*



Me, Mom and Zach at Carrie's open house last summer

Mom and Zach came to theatre practice with me last Thursday! It was so much fun, and I think I did a better job with my acting, knowing they were watching. I was backstage with my "co-workers" most of the night, but Zach brought his camera, and we both took a few pictures of everyone acting out their parts and such. I shall have to scan them later, so you can all see my theatre pals that I never shut up about, heh. My mom agrees with me that Don has a sooper touching monolouge. She said, "I just liked having an excuse to look at him for a long period of time." Heh, so she agrees with me that he is one of the hottest guys ever, too. But he is taken. *Pouts* I'm actually getting kind of nervous now that showtime is in sight. Thursday night at 8:00 will be our first performance, and I think we're all a little anxious. Well, I s'pose I'd better be going so I can get ready for dress rehearsal tonight. *Freaks out*


--Holly :-D

No comments: