Monday, July 9, 2001

Cedar Point

The other day, my dad took me, Zach, Sarah and Bobby to Cedar Point. When I was little, I went to Cedar Point a lot, but I never went on any roller coasters because my mom told me I probably wouldn't like them, and I figured I wouldn't. Well, when we went to Disney World this past spring, I realized that I *do* like roller coasters! So this time I actually rode stuff at Cedar Point.

I suggested that we go on the Power Tower first, so I sat between Dad and Sarah on one tower, and Bobby and Zach sat across from us on the other tower. This thing took us up in the air, and Sarah started freaking out because she's pretty scared of heights. She was like, "Oh my God, oh my God, OH... MY... GOD!" Then we reached the very top of the tower, and holy guacamoli, we were high! Then the thing drops us 240 ft. at like, 75 m.p.h.! Geez! You know that song, "Leave Me Breathless?" I think it was written for the Power Tower.

Anyway, I went on a bunch of stuff like the Corkscrew (ouch, my ears!), Snake River Falls (holy crap, I'm soaked!), the Gemini (can we go back and get my head?) and the Wildcat (awesome... simply awesome) but me, Sarah and Zach all wussed out when it came to the Millennium Force. Now I really wish I'd have gone for a lot of reasons. The main reason is that Bobby wouldn't shut up the whole way home about how cool he is for going on it. But Dad said the whole way up the huge hill, Bobby was going, "Jesus, Baby Jesus and Little Jesus!" So that's funny. Zach said he did that on the Power Tower, too.

It turns out that I'm quite stupid. When we were in line for the Scrambler (for the second time), Sarah was like, "Holly, will you go on the Power Tower with me again?" and I was like, "Sure." D'oh! Bad move. We got all the way to the top again, and I thought, "What a sucker I am to go on this *twice*." Then this kid about my age who was sitting next to me looked over and went, "Man, it's gonna suck when we go down." I said, "Yeah, it takes your breath away," and he was said, "Okay, thanks, I'll be prepared." Then the thing drops us and he goes, "SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-!" and his little brother was like, "FUUUUUUUUUUUUU--!" Heheheh. That was pretty hilarious. Once I caught my breath, I cracked up.

We had an awesome time, and I'm glad I'm not such a wuss anymore! Okay, see ya.

--Holly Rachael :-D

No comments: