Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Ask Holly

*Looks up from delightful new book* Oh, hello! Guess what I did yesterday? I went to Border's with Zach and Tracey, intending to buy a book that did not have "Harry Potter" in the title. I failed this task miserably, as I immediately spotted a book that's roughly the size of Hogwarts, a History called, Wizarding World Press' Ultimate Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter (Analysis of Books 1-4) by Galadriel Waters and assisted by Professor Astre Withrandir. I'm sure I looked like a dork, gasping and doing a double-take of the book, then picking it up and exclaiming happily over it to Zach, but I didn't care. I bought the book with my birthday check from the grandparents Z., and started reading it the second I got home. It's awesome! These folks completely analyze every last aspect of the 4 HP books, and they even predict what will happen in the 5th book! It's wonderful, and I highly reccomend it to all you other "HP Sleuths" (as the books calls us) out there!




*Beams, admiring new car decoration* Anyway, I wrote this entry yesterday, then somehow deleted it, and so I'm going to give it another try. I seem to get asked the same 3 questions very often, so I thought I'd answer them here, on my diary. *Cracks knuckles in preparation* Here we go...
1. Say, Holly, why do you love Harry Potter so freaking much? Well kids, J.K. Rowling is, without a doubt, the best writer of her time, and I don't think anyone could so much as skim through her books without becomming completely immersed in them. The exciting and, more often than not, dangerous escapades of Harry and his friends, Hermione and Ron, are so awe-inspiring that I pity the fool who doesn't love the Harry Potter books.
2. How come you're a vegetarian? When I was 7 years old, my mom became a vegetarian because she's very health-conscious, plus she was becomming aware of the horrible abuse animals are put through before they're put to death and molded into sausage patties. When I learned what was going on in those slaughter houses, I proclaimed that I could no longer eat anything that once had a face, either. However, I haven't been very good about the health thing... I still eat a ridiculous amount of carbs.
3. O...kay, why is it that most of the TV shows and movies you watch are animated? I mean, aren't cartoons for kids? Nope! In fact, cartoons such as Daria, The Simpsons, Clone High and all the shows on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim are intended for adults. But that doesn't mean I don't like cartoons like The Little Mermaid, Anastasia and The Prince of Egypt too. *Shrugs* They're good, clean fun, and I don't know why some folks seem to think that those movies are childish.
Allllllrighty, time to get back to my new book! *Hugs for all*
--Holly :-D
P.S. Woo hoo, FOD is working right again!

No comments: