Monday, March 3, 2003

Try Pie, Try

'Ey folks! I-- *pauses to cough, hack and blow nose* --I've had a cold for the last four days... which means, I had the cold Friday, on my birthday. Ugh. Somehow, though, I still managed to have a decent B-day. Zach made me a hilarious birthday card that only cool people would get, seeing as only uncool people don't watch the internet cartoon, Weebl and Bob *Nods enthusiastically, pointing at link*

Oh yes, and Z also got me some Powerpuff Girls floormats for my car! Eeeee! *Momentarily contains glee in tupperware bowl* After I recieved my gift from Z-bear, he, Tracey and I went to meet Dad at Ruggero's for my Birthday Pizza Special and some sort of delectable cookie die pie. *Drools* Mmmm, pie...
Tracey got me a book that I immediately became addicted to called If Only It Were True by Marc Levy. It's about Lauren, a girl who's been in an irreversable coma for six months, yet the "ghost" of her (even though she's not dead) can hang out at her old appartment with the guy who lives there now. Arthur, the dude who lives there, is the only person who can hear, see and feel Lauren. He falls in love with this "ghost" of a girl whom he's never really met, but he's got to talk her doctors and mother out of taking Lauren off life support, or the "ghost" Lauren he's in love with can no longer be with him. *Sniffs, not from the cold* It's awesome, everyone must read it immediately!
Guess what else I found to read? This series of amazingly hilarious, sweet, tear-jerker, edge-of-your-computer-seat Harry/Hermione fics! They're called The Hermione Stories by Mena Baines, and I highly reccomend them to everyone! Oooh, especially "Hermione and the Muggles"... but you do have to read the whole series!
Oh dude, I forgot to mention, my dad gave me a bunch of candy and a card saying he's going to take me to pick out my car stereo as soon as I get my license! Woo hoo! Anyway, Saturday, Zach, Dad and I went to the Olive Garden with my Aunt Barb, Unlce Don, cousin Lindsay and Lindsay's boyfriend, Trevor. The evening started out very grumpily, as it was a freezing day, the Olive Garden was packed so full that we had an hour wait ahead of us, and my cousin, Jenny, was on a ski trip with her boyfriend. However, once everyone had eaten and Dad, Zach and Trevor had told plenty of dirty jokes, the evening turned out to be a lot of fun. I ordered some tirimisu, and everyone thought I was an attention hog, since I told the waitress it was my birthday. The waitress yelled, "HEY, EVERYBODY! IT'S HOLLY'S 19TH BIRTHDAY! LET'S ALL SING TO HER!" and then the entire restaurant sang to me! I thought it was jolly good fun, but my family just looked at me like an alien had recently crawled out of my stomach. *Shrugs* Oh well.
Say, guess what? In theatre practice Wednesday, Lori informed us that we'll be doing 4 small plays for our performance this semester! In my play, Wanda's Visit, I play Wana, a derranged yet hilarious nutcase who's a little too vocal about her genital herpes, and Nick & Shawna play Jim & Marsha, the poor couple with whom Wanda will be staying with. *Grins and gives a thumbs-up*
--Holly :-D

No comments: