Tuesday, June 12, 2001

Duuuuuude, Shrek is a Good Movie

I've gone to see Shrek three times, and I'm going to see it again! It's a darn good movie, I tell ya! Want me to tell you about it? Okay, check it out.

Shrek is this ogre, and he likes his privacy, so he lives all by himself by this big swamp. One day, this really adorable donkey named... Donkey, decides that he likes Shrek and wants to be his friend, because Donkey doesn't have any friends. Shrek doesn't like the idea of the donkey tagging along with him because this donkey not only can talk, but never shuts up. If he isn't talking, he's humming, singing, or whistling.

Then this group of fairytale people and creatures, sets up camp at Shrek's house because Lord Farquaad evicted them all. Lord Farquaad tells Shrek that he can have his swamp back if Shrek goes and rescues Princess Fiona from this fire-breathing dragon in a castle so that Lord Farquaad can marry her, and he can be king of Duloc. Well, Shrek and Donkey go on a quest to save Princess Fiona, and the fire-breathing dragon falls in love with Donkey.

Princess Fiona is really aggitated that Shrek, an ogre, rescued her, until she realizes that he's really a great guy, and she falls in love with Shrek before she can even get to Lord Farquaad. It's really quite the awesome movie. It's really sweet, and worth seeing numerous times.

I think it goes without saying that Shrek is my new obsession. Especially since my new screen name is "Donkey From Shrek." That donkey is really cute. He looks just like my dog, Chyna.

Okay, see ya!

--Holly Rache

No comments: