Wednesday, January 10, 2001

My Fur Babies

Well, since I'm in such a confusing state of depression, I'm going to write a theme entry.

When I was a little girl, all I really wanted out of life was a husband, and a cat. When I didn't get either one, I cried to my mom about it. One year for Christmas, I got a feisty tiger cat named, and I named her Tinsel Blitzen Zintel. Tinsel didn't like to be held, but she was fun to play with, and she was a gorgeous cat. She even won a beauty contest we entered her in at the grocery store! Tinsel wasn't very affectionate most of the time, but when my parents were going through their divorce, Tinsie slept on my legs, and purred herself to sleep, and I loved that. One night, I was over at my grandma Shoup's house (my mom was living there at the time) and my brother was online while I was doing my homework. Zach got an IM from my dad, who informed him that Tinsel had been killed. She'd gotten hit by a car. Although I felt bad, for some reason, I didn't even cry. My mom and my brother cried all the time, and I expected myself to do the same... I didn't. I still don't understand that.

After my mom moved into her own house, and got married to my now ex-step-dad, we went to the Humane Society to pick out a cat. Everyone wanted the tiny gray tiger cat that was making all kinds of trouble in his cage. But I had my eye on a brownish-colored tiger cat who kissed my hands through her cage. Since my brother was allowed to pick out a dog, he didn't care too much that I was allowed to get the cat I wanted. I named her Stacy, because she looked like she was crying all the time, like one of my favorite Daria characters, Stacy. Stacy was only around for two weeks. My stupid step-dad, Chuck, crushed her in the couch by accident. I cried *a lot* the day Stacy died... she'd always been so sweet to me... she never got sick of being held.

At the same time I got Stacy, my brother got a really hyper black and white dog. She liked the wrestle with everyone, and she looked like a guy dog, so he named her Chyna, after the manish wrestler. Chyna's settle down quite a bit now, and she's a real sweetie. She comforts me when I'm sad, and I do the same for her.

We were so upset about Stacy's death, and my mom thought I'd probably like another cat right away, so we went to the Humane Society. I wanted a little gray tiger cat who didn't mind being held, and she was really shaky. My mom said she shook like Daria did when Trent took her to get her belly button pierced, so I named her Daria, and wanted to get her. But Mom liked a bigger gray tiger who seemed really sweet. I wasn't about to give up Daria, though. And she wasn't about to give up that cat. So, we got both cats. Mom named her cat Amy. Amy's not exactly as sweet as she seemed that first day... she's actually pretty mean! But she's gorgeous, and she looks just like Tinsel. We love Amy, Daria, and Chyna. They're our cute little fur babies.

No comments: